Embracer Group acquires Asmodee(Fantasy Flight Games)

Source:

What is your opinion? I imagine Asmodee franchises being adapted into videogames (Legend of the Five Rings, or Anima: Beyond Fantasy) and videogames being adapted to the tabletop version.

I see the entertaiment industry is searching IPs for the potential value of multimedia franchises, because these help to sell different type of products.

aramis erak

Legend
Source:

What is your opinion? I imagine Asmodee franchises being adapted into videogames (Legend of the Five Rings, or Anima: Beyond Fantasy) and videogames being adapted to the tabletop version.

I see the entertaiment industry is searching IPs for the potential value of multimedia franchises, because these help to sell different type of products.
Asmodee is far bigger than FFG. THere are at least two French subsidiaries, plus Days of Wonder and Edge Studios.

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
Consolidation of a fragmented market.

I suspect even as we speak someone is using the term "synergies" in an Embracer corporate meeting, maybe even "verticals". Definitely " cost savings".

Probably some suit gazing over the city from the 50th floor boardroom with his expensive optical implants while indie studio designers are forced to traverse the crime ridden streets on their neon and chrome hoverbikes, logging onto RPG forums from blackmarket VR decks, working as muscle for hire until their next batch of credits comes through from Drive Thru RPG.

I think that's how the business works these days.

I wonder about smaller companies worried about merger and acquisitions, and about the links between videogames and tabletop, because vieconsole industry make a lot of money, but also they need a lot of work and time. The books of RPG keep the value with the time, and even they could become more valious for the collectors. And the TTRPGs work more the lore and background of the IPs. Other point is the entertaiment industry has noticed the value of the "multimedia franchises", when an IP can be used to sell different types of products.

Nervada Games published the official "Bunkers & Baddas", the TTRPG of Borderlands.

Edgent Studios was Spanish, and they published a manga-style RPG; Anima: Beyond Fantasy and this even was adapted into a videogame.

Consolidation of a fragmented market.

I suspect even as we speak someone is using the term "synergies" in an Embracer corporate meeting, maybe even "verticals". Definitely " cost savings".

Probably some suit gazing over the city from the 50th floor boardroom with his expensive optical implants while indie studio designers are forced to traverse the crime ridden streets on their neon and chrome hoverbikes, logging onto RPG forums from blackmarket VR decks, working as muscle for hire until their next batch of credits comes through from Drive Thru RPG.

I think that's how the business works these days.
That is indeed how business works these days!

Remove ads