Emerald City Knights Prologue: The Silver Storm

Insight

Adventurer
SELF-DESIGNATE "KID BIONIC" currently positioned at 47°36′35″N 122°19′59″W. Threat Update: Assessment... Updating... No Immediate Threat to Self. Updated Condition: 1.00.13.a. Atmospheric conditions: Normal. Environmental Conditions: Normal. Brightness: Normal. Wind: S/W 5MpH. Other Weather Conditions: Fog Cloud Concealment... Minimal Obstruction.

Those people are hurt. I've got to help them!

Potential Combat Targets: 37. Subset - Armed Targets: 0. Security Scan results (11ns response): MINIMAL THREAT. SYSTEM RECOMMENDATION: Threat Level 1b Configuration ver 1.00.2.27. ACCEPTED. IMPLEMENTED. IN PROCESS... COMPLETE. Increased Speed Logistics Module... Activated. Completed. Deployed.

Reacting to the situation, Kid Bionic's arms and legs shift into defensive positions. He moves more quickly than a human being should towards the nearest pair of injured people. He quickly scoops them up, easily hefting them over his metallic shoulders, and then speeds rapidly towards the nearest medical facility.

Query Location Database: Select * from Medical_Emergency where (Find_Distance 47°36′35″N 122°19′59″W, GPS_Location) < 10.00.00... Processing... Complete (9ns).

OOC: Abilities/Effects Used: Quickness (physical) 2, Senses - Direction Sense, Senses - Distance Sense, Speed 2, STR 5. I'm going to assume that Kid Bionic could pick up an unconscious body normally in 1 round (6 seconds). With his Quickness (physical) 2, it reduces that time to 1 second. Thus, he could easily pick up 2 people in 2-3 seconds (allowing for time for him to find the next person etc). He's not SUPER fast, but he travels 120ft/action, so about 4x as fast as a normal person. His Direction Sense and Distance Sense should give him a decent idea of where to go and how to get there. I'm also assuming that, since KB can lift 1,600lbs, he can easily carry ~300lbs without slowing himself down.

I'm going to have Kid Bionic attempt an Athletics check DC 15 to run faster (increase his ground movement speed). That's a success, so his Speed is 3 for this round (250ft/action).

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Daniel heard the noise of the explosion but didn't quite understand what it was at first. Then smoke, and far worse, people came barreling out and spreading over into empty space like running water. The refugees were screaming and panicking, and there were so MANY. Dan realized that there was nowhere he could go that wasn't in full view of at least a few people. How was he going to change?!

In the end it was the smoke that saved the day. Thick and white, he could easily hide in it, and it only took a second or two to assume hs usual 'costume' and rush towards the epicenter of it all, eager to help however he could.

Remove ads