• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Emmanuel - where is the artist?

sckeener

First Post
Dragon Magazine 55 pg 11 - art question

Does anyone know who did the art for this picture?

I was looking up some old information and ran into this white dwarf ad and loved the art. Thought I might try to see if they artist did anything else.

Attachments

• Dragon Magazine 55 pg 11.JPG
    Dragon Magazine 55 pg 11.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:

sckeener

First Post
Anyone know what happened to Emmanuel?

It is interesting to me that it was him. In that issue I was reading about Ed Greenwood's dislike of the Fiend Folio. I was suprised that there was such a strong negative reaction to that book. I loved it.

Now with my search for Emmanuel, I bumble into more topics about the merits of the Fiend Folio. I was surprised that Gary got into the mix (at least according to the wiki.

In fairness to Ed in that issue of Dragon, he did pick the winners of the book...the monsters most remembered (except for the Bullywug)...

sckeener

First Post
Akrasia said:
It is one of my favourites as well. The hostility towards it has always puzzled me.

One of Ed Greenwood's arguements at the time is a similar complaint that we hear today...do we really need so many monsters? Ed alluded to designers at the time thinking that there we enough undead and that anything more would just be variations on a theme.

Personally I think more the better. I am going to have to pick and choose for my world anyway so I might as well have a huge list to choose from.

Remove ads