• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EN Publishing Open Call] Playtesting Art of Magic

KingofDucks

First Post
I'd be more than interested in playtesting. I playtested for Big Eyes Small Mouth first edition. Additionally I have been playing RPG's for 16 years. My experience is as follows:

Beginner-Expert-Master-Companion Set's D&D
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons First Edition
AD&D Second Edition
D&D 3.0-3.5
Rifts
GURPS
Big Eyes Small Mouth First and Second Editions
World of Darkness RPG's (Wraith, Vampire, Changeling, Werewolf, Kindred of the East, Hunter, and Mage)
Shadowrun First, Second, and Third Edition

Furthermore I am working on converting Hollow World (from Basic-Expert-Master-Companion D&D) to D20 rules.

Thyrwyn

Explorer
Sign me up!

I would be very interested. I am always interested in alternate magic systems.

Currently playtesting (as a player) an adventure for Sovereign press (3.5 rules). I have been an occasional contributer for the Silven Crossroads website.
I have been gaming since 1980, every system imaginable. Almost all of my campaigns have been homebrew, though like most I lift bits and pieces from here and there (crunchy bits, mostly).

Other than D&D/d20 I have typically run Runequest, Fantasy Hero, Aftermath and Shadowrun.

I have also written movie and comic reviews for our local paper's Weekender publication. When I owned a game store I organized and ran several gaming leagues.

I can be reached at hpk3rd at yahoo.com

Harry

aka Thyrwyn

Michael Morris

First Post
Ok, I'm back online. So, what is Art of Magic about? Fair question.

Simple answer - a book with 600+ spells in it. But anyone can make a book with a lot of spells, testament to this fact can be found in any game store.

Art of Magic began in earnest a year ago when Jason Parent (Hellhound) approached me with the idea of putting the spells from my campaign setting's site into a book. As part of this, the spells were taken off the site and have, in the interim, been largely forgotten. They have been since expanded upon and revised for 3.5e.

Art of Magic arranges spells into 5 distinct types based loosely on the chromatic magic themes of Magic: The Gathering (R). The book has as many parallels to that popular CCG as can be legally included. The patterning of the spells adds theme and purpose to the spells in an ever spiralling conflict.

Dusk serves as a backdrop to the book in the same sense as Greyhawk is the backdrop of the core rules. The book can be used with or without the setting it is staged in.

In addition to the spells there are multiple feats and prestige classes that need testing.

Still intersted? Contact Arthur who is coordinating the playtest :)

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Hound is mailing me the NDA's for you all tonight. Once I have em ready for you Spoony here will choose the playtesters he wants. At that point you'll receive the NDA via Email and will be told were to send it. As soon as its received you'll be let into the special Forum.

Let me note something here folks. If you're playtsting this in a group, in your games, all your players need to sign NDAs. Each of them.

Stay tuned for info.

drunkmoogle

First Post
I'm interested. When it comes summer time I plan to run two games a week; we can get a lot of games in then :). No experience, and my players have even less... but at least I can coordinate directly with Arthur (lives in Brooklyn).

The description Spoony just gave me sounds like it would be perfect for the style of campaign I will soon be running.

drop me a line at:
twelvekuponuts (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Xythlord

First Post
I would be very interested in helping playtest this (actually this is an understatement as I have been avidly following the Art of Magic previews that has been posted over the last year).

I have been gaming since '81 and DMing since '84 in numerous different systems (GURPS, Shadowrun, WoD, AD&D, 3.0, Cyberpunk, Ars Magic!!!, Rolemaster, etc). I am currently running one Mutants and Masterminds campaign, a part time Sidewinder: Recoiled game and have been working up a new Fantasy campaign with the Grim-n-Gritty rules. I have been very involved for a long time with the Wheel of Time forums (and Call of the Horn) and have contributed extensively to the WoT netbook Under the Dragons Banner (ask Eosin the Red).

My gaming group is pretty tight (mostly family and spouses with a few friends) with several years of experience (a couple have been playing for over 12 years). I am used to working with deadlines and have no problem running games in different scenarios to test the various aspects of feats/spells.

Anyways, I would be really excited about playtesting this and could get the NDA's back asap. Please contact me at Jbornicke@comcast.net or Xythlord@hotmail.com (the first for large emails as it has no cap).

Tks

CombatWombat51

First Post
I'm certainly willing. I've been soaking up Morris's Dusk previews for quite some time, and having the chance to actually contribute would be great.

For experience, I started with 1E AD&D in '94, and have played religiously (looks for Mr. Chick) since, up to 3.5 and everywhere in between.

I also started playing M:TG about the same time, though I stopped collecting cards in about '01, though I still dust them off and play a game once in a while.

Oh, and I'm also an avid Rolemaster fan, so you know that trying to break games is in my blood :D

My email is combatwombat at hotmail dot com.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads