• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN5ider #255 - Villain Spotlight: Granny Buccus

EN5ider's latest article is for a devious villain easily included in your campaign: the seemingly sweet and kind Granny Buccus. Everyone in the town of Cridhe Briste holds a spot in their heart for Granny Buccus—and until her lies are revealed they'll die for her too!

EN5ider's latest article is for a devious villain easily included in your campaign: the seemingly sweet and kind Granny Buccus. Everyone in the town of Cridhe Briste holds a spot in their heart for Granny Buccus—and until her lies are revealed they'll die for her too!

Recently on EN5ider:

• #255. Villain Spotlight: Granny Buccus. Sweet, maternal, a dab hand in the kitchen, Granny Buccus is the heart of the town of Cridhe Briste. As the town’s baker she provides the people with bread, cakes, and pastries—on special occasions she even makes her famous and beloved Boiled Tarts. The adoring townsfolk don’t even know that they’re under the spell of a succubus, ready and willing to do whatever 'Granny' asks of them!
  • #254. Paradigm Prestige Class. What makes a dwarven legend heroically dwarven? What about elven myths make them exemplary? The truest champions of these races are paradigms: adventurers that embody the qualities that make their kin unique from others. By zealously embracing their heritage they become paragons that are cherished, lauded, and long-remembered by the communities that spawned them.
  • #253. ZEITGEIST Adventure Path Player's Guide: Part 6 (Prestige Classes). The last installment of the ZEITGEIST Player's Guide for 5th Edition includes simple 3 level prestige classes for playing a planar-fiddling Applied Astronomist, idea manipulating Logos, gun-loving Mad Shootist, ruthless Monument of War, Notorious Celebrity (posse included), scientific Polyhistor, Steamsuit Pilot, a master of cities as an Urban Empath, or a mystical Vekeshi Excoriant.
  • #252. Marks of Renown. Andrew Engelbrite has conjured an intriguing rule option to make the game's adventuring party truly feel like they're a part of the world!
  • #251. Intriguing Organizations: Esoteres. Seekers of reality's fundamental truths that are unrelenting in their pursuits, these secretive geniuses craft devices of sublime perfection and trade them for—or take—whatever it is they require to continue their dangerous experiments of discovery!

Mike Myler

Mike Myler

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
So is Granny Buccus basically Madame Eva and the Hag who sells tarts combined?

There's multiple Madame Eva's it seems (one in World of Warcraft, one in Curse of Strahd) and I'm not familiar with either. I've poked the article's author though and she may have some light to shed on the inspiration for Granny Buccus!

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
There's multiple Madame Eva's it seems (one in World of Warcraft, one in Curse of Strahd) and I'm not familiar with either. I've poked the article's author though and she may have some light to shed on the inspiration for Granny Buccus!

Cool...thanks...in a way though...Madame Eva is specific to Strahd...so this Granny Buccus could be used at any time....

BlackwellWriter

First Post
Hey, I'm actually not sure who Madame Eva is.

Granny Buccus was inspired by the idea of succubi and their subsisting off of lust as a few sources claim. So I thought, hey, what if they can do it off of any type of love-fueled emotion? I'm not too surprised to hear there are similiarities, it does seem like too good an idea to not have come up before.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads