• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EN5ider #34] Hired Hands: Expanded Rules for Hirelings

New for EN5ider patrons! Meet the apothecary, cook, interpreter, minstrel, porter, scholar, squire, teamster, and torchbearer! These hirelings provide your adventurer with additional benefits - as long as you pay them and keep them safe! Additional traits, quirks, and motives help bring your hirelings to life. By "Jester" David Gibson; illustrated by Jacob Blackmon.

New for EN5ider patrons! Meet the apothecary, cook, interpreter, minstrel, porter, scholar, squire, teamster, and torchbearer! These hirelings provide your adventurer with additional benefits - as long as you pay them and keep them safe! Additional traits, quirks, and motives help bring your hirelings to life. By "Jester" David Gibson; illustrated by Jacob Blackmon.

13951265157820443000.jpg

Lackhand

First Post
I really have to recommend this one.
From the comments over at patreon, [MENTION=37579]Jester Canuck[/MENTION] recommended that hiring a seasoned hireling cost twice the normal rate, and a veteran cost five times the normal rate -- useful for giving a little more guidance to the DM in contract negotiations, IMO.

Lucius Drake

First Post
It's good to have a base rate and some mechanics behind what the hirelings can do.
I can work from this to decide the best pay rates for employees rather than hirelings, too. Generally I'm less interested in bringing NPCs on adventures than I am employing them to stay at my base of operations to take care of the place and/or generate profit/living cost coverage by running a small business like a tavern or brothel!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads