• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ending a Bar-Room Brawl in one turn (for values of "Ending" that may actually be "Escalating")

ccooke

Adventurer
So this combination just occurred to me and I'm curious what people think:

Step 1: Be any class with the Extra Attack feature
Step 2: Spot two likely souls who are hostile to you and adjacent to each other - henceforth we'll call them Bob and Sue
Step 3: Approach them forthrightly, dropping or stowing your weapons as you do to get both hands free
Step 4: Take the Attack action. You now have either two or three weapon attacks.
Step 5: Substitute your first attack for a grapple attempt against Bob
Step 6: Substitute your second attack for a grapple attempt against Sue. You only need a single free hand, so this is doable.

If all has gone well, you have successfully grappled two adjacent enemies. You have used all of your attacks... but you do still have a bonus action. And you have something in each of your hands.

I'm pretty sure that, if one of my players said "I use my Bonus Action granted by Two Weapon Fighting to try to bash their heads together" I'd definitely allow them to try at least - probably with disadvantage (unless they had the Tavern Brawler feat, for proficiency with improvised weapons).

What do you think?

mcintma

First Post
Hell yes :)

How does the attack work though. Improvised weapon?

I think I'd ask for a Shove check against both, and if the player wins, improvised weapon dmg to both opponents.

Remove ads