Ends Meat - OOC

Halford

First Post
Okay folks this is a bit of an unusual request so please bear with me!

I am looking for 2-4 players to play a short rapid paced adventure which will take pcs from 1st level half way to second level. I plan to continue progressing the game, but since like many DMs I suffer from epicitis I have decided to cut it into thoroughly planned out bite sized chunks.

This first initial sequence will take place in the great City of Orussus and will involve investigation and combat. The characters will be hired by an association of merchants to take on a mysterious band of thieves.

The game will take place in Living EnWorld and will follow the rules outlined there. I ask only players who meet the following requirements to apply...

Can post at least once a day on average.

Are prepared to become a long term participant in the Living EnWorld community, ideally through this game sequence.

Can be counted upon to remain active for the long haul.

If you are interested you would need to go to the Living EnWorld forum and submit a character as per the rules in the character creation thread. Though your character needs approval to gain XP whilst adventuring the game would start almost straight away and I will simply hold off on awarding experience until all your characters are approved.

A basic synopsis of these rules would be....

30 point buy
Races: PHB, MM1 and SRD Psionic
3/4 hp
Pretty much SRD only - including Psionics, and with the edition of some home brewed feats.

But please check the creation thread as I don't guarantee those to be 100% accurate.

Attachments

• Ends Meat LEW Map.jpg
    Ends Meat LEW Map.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Halford

First Post
*Wags finger*

Okay folks, now I know I'm making a big ask here, but I am afraid I can't ask for anything less - I am looking for viable community members as well as players.

Part of my purpose is to bring people into Living Enworld - which I personally have had an excellent experience with. For me its great being part of a larger community, the world is interesting and provides a shared reference without being constricting as there are both fairly fully formed areas and vast tracts upon which there is little or no information.

You also have a built in security blanket, if the game fades away to nothing like so many sadly do one of the Living EnWorld judges takes over and either finishes it or wraps it up. Your Living EnWorld character can also move between different adventures and even set up shops, etc., and engageing mechanic in my book.

I'd also appreciate hearing reasons why people are not keen on Living EnWorld or this concept in particular, constructive criticism is almost always useful.

Walking Dad

First Post
I just want not get stronger involved with 3.x LENW, as I want to be part of 4 LENW.
I prefer both 4e and Pathfinder over a 3.5 game with only small additional splatbook covering (currently the biggest plus of 3.x vs the others mentioned).

Halford

First Post
Thanks for the feedback Walking Dad, I really do appreciate it.

I can certainly understand those points of view and I have had the same reservations myself to a certain extent.

My reservations about 4th edition aside, despite their colossal CR 20 nature, I would love to see more books included in Living EnWorld. However, I don't feel this is that significant a problem in pbp afterall RP is generally more substantial a factor; and if you do wish to play something unusual the SRD Psionics are available as well as a number of interesting custom feats and prestiege classes, etc.

Aside from that all I can say is that my experience with Living EnWorld has been great and I want it to continue for a long time. Urn Your Pay has been by far my best experience so far in pbp and I hope to emulate that and continue it.

Frankly Walking Dad you were one of the folks I was specifically hoping would take a look at this, a reliable and enthusiastic poster is sadly all too rare a commodity! In any case thanks for responding and I'd still appreciate more of the same from others.

Ambrus

Explorer
I can't say that I'm particularly familiar with LENW, but I'd certainly be interested in joining a good 3.x game with some lasting power and dedicated players. I'll have to take a gander at the character creation rules before I can pitch a proper character concept, but I wanted to voice my interest first.;)

garyh

First Post
I'll admit it is tempting, but the two big hold ups for me are 1) I'm focuing on getting Living 4th Edition going, and 2) going back to 3.5e would be hard.

Halford

First Post
Thanks Walking Dad.

Garyh yes I've got to admit I am not a big 4th edition fan and though I have been involved with the 4th edition discussion world building, etc., I worry that it will draw attention from Living Enworld. I love the idea of being involved with a community from its start, but I don't want the baby thrown out with the bath water so to speak.

I certainly do not want to badger unwilling players into jumping onboard, but Living Enworld is already going and its really does not require a very large investment of time.... :angel:

Plus ye know, and I hate to belabor the point, its fun!

Remove ads