• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Enemy druid build

Braxwulf

First Post
WARNING: Some very minor Curse of Strahd spoilers inside.

Hello everyone.. Posted a similar thread last week but didn't get any replies. I'm running Curse of Strahd with a whopping 7 players. This has forced me to scale up nearly every encounter; and even then they seem to be blowing through them easily. There's one encounter at the Wizards of Wine where the characters encounter some druids and blights. Well, the druids from the Monster Manual are pretty weak so I thought about creating some powerful ones using the standard rules. Can anyone recommend some builds that might challenge them? If memory serves, there are three druids there and hundreds of blights.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Ah! I just ran CoS with seven players, so I appreciate your predicament.

For the Wizard of Wines I kept the number and level of the Druids the same, but I added a half-dozen berserkers. It was a real brawl.

Down at Yester Hill I created a 9th level "High Druid" as well as a 7th level Berserker "Clan Chief", and the High Druid and his assistant druids used Polymorph, Barkskin, and Jump to turn the Clan Chief into a leaping, stone-throwing, tank of a Giant Ape. You don't know what fear is until you "corner" some Berserkers in a stone circle, and suddenly hear King Kong noises from inside the circle.

Braxwulf

First Post
Wow, great ideas! Thanks! Would you be willing to share your builds for the High Druid and Clan Chief? It would save me a lot of time. We can connect on Roll20 if you happened to have used that platform for your game.

Also, did you upscale Argensvolt?

Finally, did you do Strahd's invitation? My party just reunited Ireena with Sergei... I'm thinking that he will invite them to dinner just to make a vow of vengeance.. To kill each of them one by one. Now the question I'm considering is if he wants to find a successor in the hopes of finding Ireena in another dimension?? If that's the case, perhaps he would still consider one of them as a successor. The characters, of course, didn't really understand what was happening during the encounter with Sergei.

Last edited:

Remove ads