(ENN) Kobold Press’ Midgard Coming soon to Kickstarter

Wolfgang Baur, publisher at Kobold Press, has been in touch to let us know that a revised Midgard Campaign Setting for 5th Edition D&D and Pathfinder is on its way! The Kickstarter should be launching mid-January so we’ll keep our eyes peeled for it and see if we can get some preview at or something off the Kobold team to share with you.

Wolfgang Baur, publisher at Kobold Press, has been in touch to let us know that a revised Midgard Campaign Setting for 5th Edition D&D and Pathfinder is on its way! The Kickstarter should be launching mid-January so we’ll keep our eyes peeled for it and see if we can get some preview at or something off the Kobold team to share with you.

THE WORLD SERPENT AWAKES

The age of heroes is dead, and the bridge to glory is broken – Bifrost fell long ago. Midgard is lost in an age of war, of dark wilderness and lost empires sunk beneath the waves. Only magic and the warmth of hope keeps lights aglow when dread things prowl and priestly wardings shake, bent by demonic rage.

Now, sinister forces are forming new and terrifying alliances throughout the world. The roads to the shadow realm are open again, and the fey have returned to claim their ancient tribute. In the north the giants prepare for Ragnarok, while the goblins in the west grow restless. In the Crossroads, the shadow of the vampire princes fall across the land. The World Serpent is stirring – and not even all-knowing Baba Yaga can say what will happen next.

It is a dark time. But a new breed of hero is coming to stand against the dark, driving it back with spell, steel, and cunning!

[video=youtube;if59Fc8jo5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if59Fc8jo5Y[/video]​

darkmoonrising

First Post
While I don't own any Midgard campaign setting material I can say I have been extremely happy with my copy of Tome of Beasts and do not for a moment regret backing it on Kickstarter.

Yes, there are some critters that could have been as a variation in a side-bar. But there are just as many that I like for the different fluff and theme by making its own entry.

I am looking forward to the Kickstarter for Midgard for 5E and will very likely back it.

Having just seen that Freeport is coming to Shadow of the Demon Lord I wonder if there is any chance Kobold Press will release a Shadow version of Midgard? That I would absolutely back!!

Me too, the Kobolds put out some awesome stuff. If the upcoming is to the level of the original Midgard book, let alone the even more awesome Southlands book, I'll be a happy man.

darkmoonrising

First Post
I backed Tome of Beats on Kickstarter and I love the book, no regrets at all i backing it. Sure there are some creature variations that could have been done as a side-bard. But there are many that I am happy to have as their own entry - both for the fluff and theme and because there are a lot more creatures of higher CR than the Monster Manual.

I am very interested in the Midgard campaign setting coming out for 5E and will likely back it.

Having just seen that Freeport is coming out for Shadow of the Demon Lord I wonder if there is any chance of a Shadow compatible version of Midgard - that I would absolutely back!! Hint, hint to Kobold Press.

** Apologies for the double post, didn't think the first one went through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
I have the original Midgard hardback, and it's probably my favourite D&D setting now. It doesn't have many game mechanics in it, so I suppose a dedicated 5e version isn't strictly necessary, but it's also out of print so a revised version filled with 5e goodness is more than welcome. The Kobolds have also said that they're going to include a lot of the material from Deep Magic in the 5e Midgard players book, which has me really excited. I'm curious how much Southlands material will be in it.

speculart

First Post
Are you kidding? Inscrutable Fey, trollkin, Alqaddim flavour? Shadow paths? What are you guys on! This sounds like the kind of world I want to play in! EVERY adventure I have picked up from these guys for 5e set in Midgard has impressed me with its evocative and complex setting. Count me in

pkt77242

Explorer
Another one of the Midgard sneak peeks unlocked today at the Midgard home page. This one is on the Grand Duchy.

Everytime I click the Grand Duchy link from that their page both on my phone and my computer, I get a page not found message.

I picked up the Tome of Beasts from Amazon, and I backed their Demon Cults and Secret Societies kickstarter as well. I will most likely back the Midgard kickstarter as well. I am just getting impatient for it to go live so I can throw my money at it.

Edit: It is working now.

Raddu

Explorer
The Midgard Campaign Setting​ Kickstarter is live, and fully funded, bringing a new campaign setting to 5th edition and a major Pathfinder update – plus player books for both systems! The roads to the shadow realm are open again, the giants prepare for Ragnarok, and the shadow of the vampire princes falls across the land. Cross the Bifrost Bridge to Midgard, where peril, glory, and gold await!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/midgard-campaign-setting-dark-roads-and-deep-magic

Remove ads

Remove ads