ENnies 2002 - Making Decisions

Sayburr

First Post
Well, I am just now reading this thread so forgive the lateness of my reply.

I thought the voting went very well last year. Judges choosing what they thought was the best five in each category and then letting the fans have the final say.

One thing that I would like to see, but would probably be imposable to pull off, is a publisher only vote on the best d20 product from last year. It would be like a peer award given to a publisher by other publisher for innovation and quality (Of course, publishers couldn't vote for themselves and only one vote allowed per d20 company).

Just a random thought.

Wow, that page is a little out-dated. It needs to be updated with, among other things, Russ's new email address.

Also, I'm wondering, for the award "Best Game World," is that best supported game world, which would allow existing ones like Scarred Lands to enter, or is it just best new game world? In the latter case, how many game worlds were released this year?

LcKedovan

Explorer
I have to strongly agree with the Fan vote aspect of the ENnies. I think it is a crucial part of this very, very unique online community. I also like the suggestion about having two winners per entry if there has to be that kind of compromise...

Also, for judging, I am guessing that having contributions in any products excludes you from judging (even if you aren't the main author etc...)?

-Will

Orclicker

First Post
Perhaps you should also consider a Peer review where industry professionals are able to suggest say their three favorite books (that were not published by them, or their company)?

My opinion:

Each category should have 2 winners.

1 chosen by the judges
1 chosen by the public

If they match, then someone gets to go home with a double medal.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Yeah I would say if you want to be considered for a nomination you can't be a judge. I would also say that the publishers, authors, artists, etc. and their employees would be ineligible to be judges. Basically the judges will be selected by a vote from the community.

KDLadage

Explorer
Everything worked well last time...

As someone that was nominated for three and lost all of those -- I felt everyting went very, very well last year. I only wish I could have been there to see it live (family business got in the way)...

Remove ads