ENnies voting booth now open!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Just voted. There were a few categories where I wasn't able to express an opinion, but plenty were I was happy my voice would be heard!

Cheers

Umbran said:

There are a couple of ways to effectively have two computers seem to have the same IP for this voting:
1)be on the same private network, accessing the internet through the same router/Network Address Translation box.
2)Both users using the same ISP that gives dynamically allocated IPs, and have it reallocate an IP used by one member to another. This would be extremely rare.

I can't think of too many others.

Well, option one isn't possible in my case. I'm not on a network. I'm connecting from home, with a single, solitary, isolated computer.

I guess option two is possible. I connect through AOL (yes, I know, don't yell at me). I guess if they reassign IPs randomly, some other AOL user could have gotten the same one, yes? Seems pretty unlikely, though. And then there's the fact that it happened to P-Cat as well...

Wikidogre

First Post
I guess i will not get to vote!, it says that someone from this computer or office already voted. yes i am in an office, but i know know one else her voted, they are all lame!:D

oh well hopfully next year!

EricNoah

Adventurer
I really encourage those of you who haven't voted to get out there and vote (if the system allows you to). We have a couple of three-way ties going and at least one two-way tie going, so your votes do count!

Wolfspirit

First Post
I don't suppose there part of the security involves blocking people who were nominated from voting? It's a long shot, but I know that Piratecat is in there, and mouseferatu is a writer.

Oh, yeah, the obvious solution for people that can't vote legitimatly is to steal a friends' internet connection for a bit if it's really important to you :)

Fiery James

First Post
Hey! Wouldn't it be really horrible if "Of Sound Mind" lost by one vote, simply because Piratecat couldn't log on!!

I humbly suggest that we all vote for Of Sound Mind, just to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen.

(Of coures, I'm assuming that he would vote for his own adventure. Everything there is really really good, but I'd like to think that his ego would win out in the end! :)

On a completely unrelated note, and just something to think about before voting, I was in a car accident on Monday. I'm ok, just a minor fendor bender -- I'm a little stiff. (I was the passenger, not the driver).

Also, my wife, who's 5-months pregnant, just came down with tonsilitis.

Feel free to have sympathy stirrings while voting (Fiery Dragon is nominated 3 times...)

(Please, no one get crazy and think I'm trying to sway the votes. I'm mostly trying to be funny. :) I'm proud that we were nominated and stand in such fine company, and I'll be really happy just to see everyone at the ceremony. Also, I'd really like to win, but that goes without saying.

Take care all,

James

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Fiery James said:
I was in a car accident on Monday. I'm ok, just a minor fendor bender -- I'm a little stiff.

Before, during or after the accident...? :D

Good luck with the ENnies and see you at Gencon! :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
James, I wouldn't say you're a little stiff! You've always looked very natural up on stage.

I'm sorry about the accident and the tonsilitis - that stinks! I'm just glad you're okay.

Setanta

First Post
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Umbran

There are a couple of ways to effectively have two computers seem to have the same IP for this voting:
1)be on the same private network, accessing the internet through the same router/Network Address Translation box.
2)Both users using the same ISP that gives dynamically allocated IPs, and have it reallocate an IP used by one member to another. This would be extremely rare.

I can't think of too many others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, option one isn't possible in my case. I'm not on a network. I'm connecting from home, with a single, solitary, isolated computer.

I guess option two is possible. I connect through AOL (yes, I know, don't yell at me). I guess if they reassign IPs randomly, some other AOL user could have gotten the same one, yes? Seems pretty unlikely, though. And then there's the fact that it happened to P-Cat as well...
You are on a network when you dial-in... AOL's network. AOL uses a mega-proxy which has large numbers of users sharing one IP address to access non-AOL content through the public Internet. I suspect you won't be the only AOL user to have trouble voting in this pool. Try voting from work, if that's an option.

Remove ads