• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Entangle Questions...

Guy Fullerton

First Post
Pielorinho said:
Druid casts spell: Opponent makes saves.
Opponent's turn: no save necessary.
Opponent's next turn: if still in the AoE, opponent must make save.
Exactly right.

Any spell that does something "every round" does so just before the caster's action every round. (Technically, it happens on the initiative at which it was originally cast, which isn't necessarily just before the caster's action if the caster subsequently refocuses or delays.)

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
I would have the saves be required when the spell was cast, and then at exact one round increments thereafter.

However, I think this would need a special caveat that people entering the area of effect would make a save instantly. Otherwise you could run clean through it without effect.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Guy Fullerton said:

No. From the SRD: "She can break free and move half her normal speed by using a full-round action to make a Strength check or an Escape Artist check (DC 20)."

If you take the full round action and do break free, you can immediately move half your normal speed.

Ah. I have been interpreting this as: break free as a full round action. If you are not entangled, you can move at half speed.

Thanks people.

Rav

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads