• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enterprise 10-29-04

Napftor

Explorer
It was excellent. I wasn't sure if I would like Spiner, but I did! The episode clipped along nicely. Didn't much care for the subplot with the Augment power struggle, but I guess it helped to reinforce the violent resolve the new leader is capable of. Especially liked when that Augment said he was going to attack before doing it. :lol: Great stuff!

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
*hearing the cries of joy...Truth Seeker must wait with great patience, on seeing the 'reborn' Enterprise...*

Readying...feet for max.WARP...

*oMG...800th post....cool [ahem]*

Last edited:

Wolf72

Explorer
I liked some of this episode ... but then it became, oooh we're enterprise, lets go get our collective asses kicked ... again.

If I've got a phaser and the worst it's gonna do is stun you ... damn straight I'm gonna pull the trigger.

... I thought klingons were suppossed to be strong too (oh wait, Worf as cool as he was, always got beat up too)

Bill Scott

First Post
Orius said:
Genetically enhanced humans that are leftovers from the Eugenics Wars.

Orion slave girls. :D Plus we get to see Orion males, and from what I read on the Star Trek site about these guys, there's supposed to be 7 feet tall, green, and very nasty.

About the enhanced humans part, it seems very familiar in the Trek universe. I was thinking about Khan and his group, from the orginal series, every time I saw them. I'm thinking that the two groups are linked somehow. I can't wait to see how it plays out

As for the Orion part of the show, I wasn't happy with most of it. I thought that it was just filler. I did think it was funny how Archer caught Soong

Great episode despite this small flaw

John Crichton

First Post
I'll be damned.

First off: I knew that I would like Spiner's character. He always plays an excellent villain. Lore was (behind Q) the best Next Gen adversary. No surprises here.

What did surprise me and get my juices flowing were the little things -

The nod to the previous episode without being whacked over the head with it (T'pol/Trip). The reboot scene of Enterprise leaving spacedock. They were basically saying: Okay we are taking off again and this time things are going to be different (not to mention a new captain's chair and annointing of the XO). The Orions in general. Soong's basic knowledge of current and past events and specifically his interactions with Archer. Phlox's increasing fame in the scientific field.

Echoes of Space Seed and all of that? Sure, but it was done with taste and style.

And for those of you who can catch my meaning to this next statement you'll know how high a compliment this is: It sorta felt like an episode of Farscape. It moved quickly and didn't pause on the insignificant. The major plot points were introduced and then they moved on. This was all done with one very charismatic and somewhat easy to sympathize with villain (Soong), some humor (Archer and Soong waiting for the Orion to finally go down after getting whacked with that shock stick thingy), a predictable plot (Soong escapes/is rescued) and some average supporting villains (the augments).

And you know something? It felt like Trek for the first time in a while.

3 out of 4 stars. Don't call it a comeback.

The Ratings Breakdown

4 = Classic. Blew me away from start to finish.
3 = Very good. Entertaining and a worthwhile experience.
2 = Average. Watchable but flawed.
1 = Terrible. Unwatchable dreck.
0 = I wish I had that time back. So bad that I may never watch the show again.

Last edited:

Ahnehnois

First Post
THe relaunch of the ship did have the feeling of the series starting over.

It seemed to be a fairly well-done episode on all fronts. You have to admit that Soong has some points with regards to genetic engineering. Most if not all technologies (nukes included) are dangerous, but also beneficial. Who's to say there isn't a place for genetic engineering as well? A controversial and interesting topic, to be sure.

The real question, of course, will be answered by Nielsen. If more people get wind of the (already-improving) quality of the series, maybe the numbers will go up and the show will continue, and maybe the next season will be worth watching.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Well...I saw it this morning around 3 to 4 a.m.

I AM flippin HAPPY!!!

A LONG SHOT IN THE ARM, with the right medicine...came.:D .

If Trek is going down this year....let be...the finale and best hours of TV showing...ever.:)

Rating: 3.5(the kick butt moments from T'Pol raise it there)

T'Pol-'I am NOT for Sale!!!!'

That is three for three...that she has Knocked out Males...who was the first??(trival time ;) )

Last edited:

Wolf72

Explorer
now that I've had some time to sleep on it ...

is it me, or did Archer look a little to calm when Soong and troop got away? ... it would be nice if starfleet for once had a solid upper hand ... or maybe a plan of action.

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
And while I'm not a wrestling fan by any stretch, I really enjoyed the appearance of "Big Show" as the Orion lifting up T'Pol in the slave arena. His size and bulk were perfect for a 7' tall Orion male.

Johnathan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads