• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Entertainment, advertising, free stuff!] Beat the Arsenal Challenge!

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Marcus Argh
Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Fighter 8/Ranger 1
HD: 1d12+8d10+1d8+20 (80)
Init: +6
Speed: 40 ft.
AC: 21 (+2 Dex, +7 armor, +1 deflection, +1 natural armor) touch 13, flat-footed 19
BAB/Grapple: +10/+17
Attack: +3 elf-bane spiked chain +20 (2d4+2d6+20); or longbow +12 (1d8+3)
Full Attack: +3 elf-bane spiked chain +20/+15 (2d4+2d6+20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft. (10 ft. with chain)
Special Attacks: Rage 1/day, Favored Enemy (Elves +2)
Special Qualities: Half-Orc traits
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +5, Will -1
Abilities: Str 22 (24), Dex 14, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 6
Skills: Spot +10, Listen +10
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain), Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Weapon Focus (Spiked Chain), Weapon Specialization (Spiked Chain), Power Attack, Improved Critical (Spiked Chain), Improved Initiative, Track
CR: 10
Stuff: 49000 –8350 (+2 mithril breastplate), -32325 (+3 elf-bane spiked chain), -4000 (belt of strength +2), -2000 (ring of protection +1), -2000 (amulet of natural armor +1), -50 (2 extra spiked chains), -175 gp (composite longbow (Str +1), -1 (quiver), 99 gp

I’ve already figured the favored enemy bonus and bane into the skills and damage numbers. Marcus is power attacking for –3/+6.

15 (-8), 8(-0), 8(-0) 18 (-16), 14 (-6), 14 (-6)

Marcus is chaotic neutral.

Last edited:

stevelabny

Explorer
Sure I got to sleep at 8am eastern time on an empty thread and someone posts this on the front page and everyone else comes pouring in :D

Hopefully, I didnt lose my spot.
My character will be along momentarily.

Stevelabny and Roman still have dibs, unless one of them bows out. Bigwilly and Keoki posted their interest at about the same time, so I'll make an opening for you both. If Stevelabny or Roman drop out, or if one of them doesn't post here again by Saturday afternoon, John Q Mayhem can get in on the action too.

So right now the contenders are:

• Keoki as Cyme, a human martial artist, battling here.
  • Bigwilly as Mad Mog, a half-orc swordsman, battling here.
  • Stevelabny as 'To be announced.'
  • Roman as 'To be announced.'

Update: It seems that Roman isn't going to be showing up, so John Q Mayhem is in. Much to our contender's dismay, what with Argh's Elf-bane powers. *grin*

So now the list is:

• Keoki as Cyme, a human martial artist, battling here.
  • Bigwilly as Mad Mog, a half-orc swordsman, battling here.
  • Stevelabny as Burgeddin, a duergar who will make me cry, battling here.
  • John Q Mayhem as Marcus Argh, a half-Orc blender, battling here.

Last edited:

Laundreu

First Post
You mean to tell me Kirbydance has failed? Hrmph.

I live in Atlanta, too, bucko, and now I'm gonna send Guido the Half-Dragon Enforcer to...reason...with you. ;-)

Either way, I'll be watching with interest.

stevelabny

Explorer
Ok, heres my guy.
He does have an LA which I asked about, but he is far from a gelatinous cube. If there's a problem, I can just switch to a standard dwarf, and take another level of fighter, but I figured the enlarge would come in handy against whip tricks :D.

Burgeddin: CR 10; Male Duergar Bbn2/Ftr7; Medium Humanoid; HD 2d12+8 + 7d10+28; HP 90; Init +3; Spd 20 ft; AC 22 Touch 13, Flat-footed 19; Base Attack +9; Grapple +15 ; Attack +17 (1d10+10 x3) +1 Glaive ; Full Attack +17/+12 (1d10+10 x3) +1 Glaive ; SA: spell-like abilities ; SQ: Darkvision 120', Stonecunning, Stability (+4 on checks to avoid being bullrushed or tripped) , Immunity to paralysis, phantasms, and poison, +2 bonus on saves vs spells and spell-like abilities, light sensitivity, Rage 1/day, Uncanny Dodge; AL LE; SV: Fort + 13 , Ref +4, Will +2; Str 22, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 6
Skills and Feats: Climb +15, Craft(Weaponsmithing) +13, Jump +15, Listen +6, Move Silently +1, Spot +1, Survival +5; Combat Reflexes, Weapon Focus(Glaive), Weapon Specialization(Glaive), Power Attack, Improved Sunder.
Possessions: Mithral +1 Full Plate of Speed (26,500gp) Belt of Giant Strength +4 (16,000gp) Gloves of Dexterity +2 (4,000gp) +1 Glaive (2,308gp), Light Crossbow , 20 Bolts, Warhammer, Dagger,
Spell-Like Abilities: Invisibility 1/day (as 18th level wizard) , Enlarge 1/day (as 18th level wizard)
Rage Stats: (10 rounds) +4 Str, +4 Con, -2 AC, +2 Will save, +2 melee attack, +3 melee damage
Enlarge Stats: (18 minutes) +2 Str, - 2 Dex, -1 AC (-2 AC total) -1 attack rolls (-0 total melee attack, +1 damage) Size change grants related bonuses and enlarges weapon (for weapon damage increase see DMG pg 28)
Haste Stats (10 rounds, doesn't have to be in order) +1 AC, +1 Reflex saves +20' movement, +1 to attack rolls, one extra attack at highest bonus when taking the full attack action

Burgeddin's skin is an extremely pale gray and his armor and weapons somehow look just as bland. There is no color on him at all Burgeddin is a dour individual, even by Duergar standards. He simply hates everything, and everyone. He lives to fight. It is his only purpose.

:D
Well, probably cuz it IS his only purpose.
But he should be good for some comedy. I'll work on some dwarf quotes.
I'll leave it to the judge or whoever to decide if the forest has enough of a canopy to escape the -1 penalty for light sensitivity, but I figure if I'm fighting some nimble elf, I might want to spend some time in the clearings anyway.
And what the heck are the rules for trying to Sunder a whip? Sounds headache inducing but I'll be happy busting that sword. :D

I'd still like to see a sample of the preferred method of play-by-post combat, and as I mentioned earlier, I will be at a game from approx 11am-8pm tomorrow give or take. Otherwise, I should be free most of the week.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads