• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Environmental Toxins Identified as New Cause of Austism

Arduin's

First Post
A new study suggests that exposure to environmental toxins increases the risk of developing autism. However, researchers are yet to pinpoint the exact toxins that trigger this development disability.

No scientifically done study unfortunately. Rates are shooting up all over the planet. With no toxin commonality present. Ergo, more half baked junk science.

A new study suggests that exposure to environmental toxins increases the risk of developing autism. However, researchers are yet to pinpoint the exact toxins that trigger this development disability.

No scientifically done study unfortunately. Rates are shooting up all over the planet. With no toxin commonality present. Ergo, more half baked junk science.
Junk science? How so?

Arduin's

First Post
Because they didn't pinpoint the exact toxins?

They didn't find ANY causality due to ONLY studying in the US when the increase is WORLDWIDE and the different areas have totally different natural and man-made eco systems. A good friend of mine in one of the top developmental pediatricians & autism researchers on the planet. I checked with her before posting and busting this junk article.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
They didn't find ANY causality due to ONLY studying in the US when the increase is WORLDWIDE and the different areas have totally different natural and man-made eco systems. A good friend of mine in one of the top developmental pediatricians & autism researchers on the planet. I checked with her before posting and busting this junk article.
They did not say it was the only cause.

And with globalization, a lot ofindustrial diseases are being exported eerywhere.

They didn't find ANY causality due to ONLY studying in the US when the increase is WORLDWIDE and the different areas have totally different natural and man-made eco systems.
I don't think you understand how research actually works.

A good friend of mine in one of the top developmental pediatricians & autism researchers on the planet. I checked with her before posting and busting this junk article.
Interesting. What is her name? I'm sure I'd easily recognize her if she is one of the top autism researchers. This is actually one of the fields I specialize in, and I'm pretty familiar with the research and researchers in the field. If you don't feel comfortable publicly giving out her name, you can PM me. I'd consider it confidential information.

Arduin's

First Post
I understand EXACTLY how research works as I have done it for years. The authors of this "research" don't understand how to do it, WHEN it is time (in the research process) to draw conclusions and, what causality is.

If that paragraph didn't cause you to IMMEDIATELY rip into the article and see that it was garbage, you don't have the necessary EDU to eval such work.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The authors of this "research" don't understand how to do it....

If that paragraph didn't cause you to IMMEDIATELY rip into the article and see that it was garbage, you don't have the necessary EDU to eval such work.

Problem the first: The article and the research are not the same thing. The article and the research have different authors.

Problem the second: You yourself are drawing conclusions based on a pittance of data, and then asserting how educated others are. This is rude. Please stop.

Remove ads