• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENW internal notifications for replies in a subscribed thread

Li Shenron

Legend
Is it possible to subscribe to a thread so that I would be notified with simple ENWorld notifications (same way as quotes, mentions, xp), instead of by email?

For example, if I now have started a few discussions in different subforums and I want to check if someone replied (such as to this thread!), I would like to receive notifications within ENWorld website, not to my email address.

Right now, I will receive notifications only if those who write a reply also quote my first post directly or put a mention of my username.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm afraid not - reason being that some people set up a LOT of notifications, and the server would just die.

Li Shenron

Legend
What a pity... would you consider implementing/reinstating something like that in the future, but with some restrictions such as "max 3 subscribed thread per user", or is it too complicated/not worth? At least, I'd find it a very useful feature.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What a pity... would you consider implementing/reinstating something like that in the future, but with some restrictions such as "max 3 subscribed thread per user", or is it too complicated/not worth? At least, I'd find it a very useful feature.

It would involved rewriting parts of vBulletin - a fairly major task.

Li Shenron

Legend
Ok, you're the tech gurus! :)

The current situation is not bad at all actually. I just noticed that I can simply go to my profile settings page and it will show my subscribed threads there, so I can quickly see if there is some new post! This is actually all I need. Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads