ENWorld blocking my Internet address!

Nagol

Unimportant
Bummer, I was really hoping the traceroutes I sent you with and without the block would help pinpoint the problem. From my end all I see is the timeouts in the browsers at the last leg of the traceroute at the cyberstreet.
As requested earlier in the thread I sent the same info to darjr today so he could check things out on his end.

I'm not sure how often the IPs get changed by my ISP. If this doesn't clear up before long I'll try checking with them I guess. :.-(

With many ISPs you can force a change by resetting/turning off the router. Otherwise give tech-support a call -- they can almost certainly force a new one.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Not sure what he did but darjr fixed it! I'm thrilled to be typing this from home without having having to unplug my router. :)

Thanks to everyone taking time to look into this and helping me out!

rangerjohn

Explorer
I am having a similar issue. When I attempt to log in through the home page, it times out. When I did a search about the issue this page came up. However I still can't access the home page even from this page. Or now that I try it, any other page, on the site.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am having a similar issue. When I attempt to log in through the home page, it times out. When I did a search about the issue this page came up. However I still can't access the home page even from this page. Or now that I try it, any other page, on the site.

No, that's everyone the last couple of days. Something screwy going on. It's not just you, don't worry.

Oh good ... I've been getting a lot of 504 errors (gateway timeout) trying to access the site (been reloading for 45 minutes trying to log in to post this) for the past few days. Good to know it's not just me, as all my other web pages load fine.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh good ... I've been getting a lot of 504 errors (gateway timeout) trying to access the site (been reloading for 45 minutes trying to log in to post this) for the past few days. Good to know it's not just me, as all my other web pages load fine.

Well the issues have only been since yesterday (about 16 hours from this post), so if you've been having trouble the past few days it might be something at your end. I'm hoping darjr is able to see what's going on - it was pretty sudden in starting, and nothing had changed just before it.

Grumbln

First Post
I'm also having issues with 504 Gateway Time-out errors. I can get to the forums... sometimes. I checked my internet history and the earliest I can see this starting is June 22.

Remove ads