• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENWorld Edition Bias

How do you rate the edition climate at ENWorld

• Poll closed .

Rolflyn

First Post
To tell the truth, I almost quit ENWorld because it seemed so pro-4e that it was difficult to stay. Then, I discovered that there were only a few people that were causing this impression, and so I stayed and even started posting. As time goes by, my opinion has changed. What do others think? What is your impression of the prevailing attitude of ENWorld.

And please, don't start and edition war over this. I'm interested in how people perceive ENWorld and not the merits of one edition over another.

Ydars

Explorer
It depends on which area of the site you most frequent. It has also changed over time.

It was certainly very pro-4E a while back in this area, but now I think the anti-camp is much more vocal, and it is not just a few individuals either.

Strange. I voted and landed here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-3rd-edition-house-rules/5457-2nd-level-mage-armor.html

:confused:

A thread with a post by angelsboi... :( Wow, that is a long time ago...

I voted "fair and balanced", but that's actually not the best description for it. In those "real" edition war threads, I am not sure it can be called fair or balanced.

But elsewhere there is a lot of opportunity to discuss things from both sides. There might be only an edition bias if we are actually discussing only one edition, but that would be to be expected, right?

Edit: On second thought, maybe the fact that 4E is discussed more then 3E might be a point that there is a bias towards 4E? Hmmm...

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Like the OP, I perceived a very strong pro-4E bias up until a couple of months ago. I find things much more balanced now.

BTW, you'd gain more useful information if you had choices in the poll like:

* Pro-4E, and I'm pro-4E
* Pro-4E, and I'm not pro-4E
* Pro-3E, and I'm pro-3E
* Pro-3E, and I'm not pro-3E

... and so on.

It might be worth scrapping this poll and starting a new one, in fact, especially give the weird thread-transfer effect on voting, which got me, too.

BTW, this is my 2,000th post. Yay me.

silver_wizard

First Post
I too perceived a strong pro-4E aura here. It was so unbearable that it actually drove me away ("plenty of other forums, no need to waste time" and so on). I have recently started to check the posts here a bit more seriously (as opposed to the "oh, let's just check enworld for a few seconds, on the off chance that something useful and interesting might be found" mentality I had adopted during this time), and things have started to even up a bit. Let's see...

DandD

First Post
Many anti-4th edition statements from very few members, countered by some pro-4th edition jubilation from other slightly more members equals the ENWorld boards a little bit.

Even if there's still some threadcrapping and thinly disquised edition war going on, with always the same people in it.

I had the strange thread warp happen when I voted as well.

I voted for fair and balanced. I've seen both pro and anti sides seeming to take over the boards with their threads. Both seem to be able to comment without any undue censorship, as long as both sides remain civil.

I will say that there seems to be more in the way of 4e threads right now, but I place the blame for that on the fact that it is the new and shiny at the moment, and it is the system getting all the new relases. I figure the 3e threads will see an up tick about the time that paizo lets their finalized pathfinder rules out into the wild. Especially if they get some buy in by some of the 3pp. We'll see how things fall.

-Ashrum

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads