• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENWorld Sculpting Project #1 The Wizard's Lab (complete)

nyrfherdr

First Post
Pogre,
Nice concept sketch. It will have plenty of 'artistic value'.
To make it more magical: Draw some concepts of magical staffs. The ones in the DMG are all very unique takes on what a staff could look like. You might consider having her floating on a cloud or flames or something. A magical motif on her necklace and belt possibly.
Maybe some bracers with the same motif on them. Ask any woman... Accessorize! (sp?)

Catch you guys later.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

hwoolsey

First Post
nyrfherdr said:
A magical motif on her necklace and belt possibly.

Talk about a Freudian slip! After looking at Pogre's concept art I read nyrf's suggestion as "A magical motif on her necklace and belly possibly."

Hank

Alf

First Post
I just got busy sculpting for a real job! That came as quite a surprise :confused:

I'll still try to find time for this though. The theme for the other one is a football team. Not close to the subject matter by a long shot ;)

pogre

Legend
Alf said:
I just got busy sculpting for a real job! That came as quite a surprise :confused:

I'll still try to find time for this though. The theme for the other one is a football team. Not close to the subject matter by a long shot ;)

If your job will allow you to - post one of your football sculpts. I have a special place in my heart for football!

Alf

First Post
I'm making a testsculpt now. After that - if they're still interested - I've set myself a dedline of one and a half months for eight outplayers and two goalkeepers. In that case you won't have to wait all that long. Should they NOT be interested I'll gladly put up the testsculpt anywhere :)

pogre

Legend
Alf said:
I'm making a testsculpt now. After that - if they're still interested - I've set myself a dedline of one and a half months for eight outplayers and two goalkeepers. In that case you won't have to wait all that long. Should they NOT be interested I'll gladly put up the testsculpt anywhere :)

Oh! That kind of football - I apologize for assuming you meant American Football, which I coach. We call it soccer here in the heartland, but I forget most of the world calls it, appropriately enough, football.

Alf

First Post
Oh...

Well, I'm just a poor Swede me. English aint even my first language. Though I'm aware of the American terminology now that you mention it.
Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding.

nyrfherdr

First Post
OK Everyone! I was hoping to see a few more concept sketches.
If you don't want to do a concept sketch (some people don't). You should at least have some reference photos or artwork. It really does help to have something to refer back to.

I've got my first concept sketch done. I can't post it because I'm on a business trip (currently posting from my hotel room.)
I should be able to get it up here this weekend.

Just to get the creative juices flowing, let me describe what I'm working on:

I have done a sculpt in the past of a swashbuckling sorcerer with a mechanical arm/prosthesis. (you can see him next to a WIP in my latest post on my miniature thread)

I've taken that idea and expanded and re-envisioned it.
The concept is a Wizard with a mustache and goatee and a balding head but long hair in the back.
He'll have a vest and pants with lots of pouches.
He'll have a mechanical arm.

I'm still messing with the 'live' arm and what to do with it. Maybe have it holding a tool or a wand or something.

I've also sketched a mechanical 'familiar' for him. If you've seen the Iron Kingdoms Servitors you'll know where I'm headed. Since it will be something that Pogre will be replicating, I'll either ask permission or change the concept sketch more to make it unique.

So... There you go. I hope that inspires more people to participate.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
I've taken that idea and expanded and re-envisioned it.
The concept is a Wizard with a mustache and goatee and a balding head but long hair in the back.
He'll have a vest and pants with lots of pouches.
He'll have huge pythons for arms and a yellow ripped shirt that says Hulkamania.

Whoa! ;) :p :lol:

Just having a little fun. I'm in the throes of football season, so sadly I will be checking in a little less. First game tomorrow against the 8th ranked team in the state!

Remove ads