Enworld Vs. The Universe - Retrogaming, Music, and Superpowers or Whatever [INTEREST CHECK]

Jago

Explorer
Plus it allows like Guest Characters for certain volumes, and who doesn't love Guests?

TFOS sounds pretty interesting, I may have to check that out! But it also mentions BESM, and somehow BESM was actually my first Tabletop RP experience before D&D or anything else, so it always holds a special place in my heart.

Jago

Explorer
Always makes me so happy just because of how ridiculous it can be.

Alright, from a pure mechanical standpoint, I am leaning towards the following (in no particular order):

- BESM, just because I know it, it's pretty simple, and it can do just about everything this would need.

- M&M, my look-over makes it seem pretty simple, I think more people would be familiar with this? and again, it seems to be able to do what is needed.

- FATE. Simple, and the whole idea of Troubles and Aspects actually fits the character styles of Scott Pilgrim.

- A Very Generic D20 Thing I Come Up With That Will Be Kinda Like The Cypher System (Numenera/The Strange). Basically, you'll make a Descriptor like the Cypher System (I am a Smart Street Fighter who Travels Through Subspace) and this basically dictates what you can do and what your "specialness" is. Pick like 3 skills/advantages/whatever you want to call them that you are good at, 2 things you're bad at, maybe something like GURPS style Quirks thrown in, and the d20 will decide everything where the PCs roll everything and I never roll.

Shayuri

First Post
Why not just use Cypher then? :) It's already -basically- d20, with some window dressing.

And any discussion of BESM is incomplete without verifying which version you're talking about first. :)

Jago

Explorer
Probably 3rd for BESM as it's what I'm most familiar with, and Cypher ... I guess works. I mean, there is literally no reason it doesn't, I'm just not sure how familiar other players would be with it.

Jago

Explorer
Alrighty, then either BESM 3rd or Cypher!

As our many players contribute to the discussion and posit how awesome of an idea this is while lining up around the block to join this show, get an autograph, buy a cd ...

. . .

free-cricket-clip-art-IkZYxk-clipart.png

Remove ads