• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ENWORLD] What can we do!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerakSpielman

First Post
This is indeed sad news. What about PC's story hour? My Play by Post game?

Whatever will I do?

This site is my primary online hangout. I really can't comprehend it just.... going away. Now I feel really guilty about never getting a Community Supporter account.

If my calculations are correct, it will take 45 new community supporters to pay your back rent, assuming they can teleport the money to you instantly. I don't really have any money right now, but I can find $35 to help my favorite site.

That's 1 out of 45. If we can get 44 new pledges within a day, we might salvage this. Even if we can't get Russ the money right away, maybe Cyberstreet will let him slide if we have 45 pledges right here where they can read them.

Who's with me?

edit: it seems that Scorpio has posted the link. We don't need pledges, we need to give actual money. Like, NOW. Post once you have paid.

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
Piratecat is out on business isn't he? It seems that Eric would be the best option.

Even though I have just signed up for a Community Supporter Account, I can still throw some money into the collective hat, so to speak.

Can anyone get Eric to weigh in on this? I think we all trust him, don't we? :)

Now, about that returning donations thing - I know Morrus is trying to stay on the up & up on this and wouldn't want anyone to pitch in and _still_ have the site have to go down because the account isn't paid in full. I appreciate that! But, wouldn't any contribution help bring the account into balance? I know I would consider that worthwhile. It means that the site may be up sooner than it would otherwise.

Baron Von StarBlade

I'd be willing to drop a couple of hundred (me and 9 poor college kids) for the keep enworld open fund (otherwise I'd have to be productive at work). All I need is the paypal account info.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I got another $100 Canadian for ya.

AND I got another $20 says Canadians will top the funding drive.

Cause we rock.

RW -- you mentioned a PayPal account. Can you post the details?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Juggling the details of $1600 worth of donations, especially if they need to be returned, sounds like a challenge. You'd have to understand that I would be able to work on this tonight and after work tomorrow -- by which time it might already be too late. But I'm willing to give it a shot. I gathered up Piratecat's "trip to GenCon" money last summer and so it's definitely doable.

We also have to understand that this takes care of "right now" and into next month, but this still doesn't address a long-term solution to the issue. But at least we'd have a month to iron things out.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I don't have much at the moment but I'm definitely in for at least $20.

Is Cyberstreet willing to take a bunch of donations directly from us? We should check before we start bombarding them with money..

BSF

Explorer
Hey! So far, I count 2 people from Albuquerque and 1 from Socorro. That is a good portion of the New Mexico residents I am aware of so far. There are a lot of you up in Canada! :)

Not that it _really_ matters, but if a competitive feeling helps, all the better. This is a contest where we all win.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My suggestion would be Rangerwickett, if he's willing. I've thought about this since I last posted, and I am still concerned about falling short and essentially wasting peoples' time and money. More than this, although $1600 will bring us up to date, it won't for long, so realisitcally we need to secure the hosting for a good period of time ahead.

So, if RW is willing, I'd suggest that we use him as the donations collector, and that he send it (via paypal) directly to Cyberstreet tomorrow - I have their paypal address. RW, OK with you? As soon as I get the go-ahead, I'll post your paypal address publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads