• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(EOM) Material Components?

Matrix4b

First Post
In the Elements of Magic it does give quite a few options.

I sort of think of them as super sorcerers. In my game I am using it as an old style of magic that isn't taught often. Despite that fact and for the reason of testing out the system I have 3 Mages, Black, Grey, and Green. I am considering on making them have a sort of material component or material focus. This is in my mind set up to give the spell a focus or rather the mage a focus. Sort of atunes the mage to that type of magic. Like Resonence in Mage the Assension. Any Ideas on how to implement it?

I already have all spells cast with EOM being a Verbal and Somatic spell. I don't know exactly how I am going to implement the Material Component/Focus idea yet. Any ideas on it would be very helpful.

Matrix

Dave Blewer

First Post
I pretty much dropped the spell components even before deciding to adopt the Elements of Magic system...

However, I have decided to use spell components when it comes to creating magic items... I saw a rather interesting e-book over on rpgnow.com that could help me out on that.

Remove ads