• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic 20] Diablos Ex Machina

Ryfte

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
I figure my character is woefully underpowered in comparison, mostly because Im not practiced with making PCs of this level. Any suggestions would be welcome.
However I figure such things will mater less is an online game. Unless we start killing each other, not an impossibility with an all evil party of worldbeaters.

Rapier of puncturing +2 is in DMG, at 50k Sakers is upgraded to +3 @ 75k
Both of my characters parents were human, infact they were (very) closely related.... but that is another story. That would leave Seker human as well.

Hmmm... well... you might want to seriously consider persistent divine magic... It's extremely useful *shrug* You also might reconsider the 3 level dip = Caster level loss trade-off.

Disciple of Asmodeus at least gets you 2 more caster levels... which means you'd only lose 1 caster level. *shrug* Crafting can save you a lot of $$$ as well... so if you roll out your xp and get 9k extra you've got a bit of flex for item creation there. ;)

If you're really looking to optimize more spend a little time and read through some of this link over at the optimization boards. But remember it's better to play a character you enjoy anyways! *shrug* Of course if there's a more effective version of a character you really like playing it's often more fun to play... especially if other players do optimize their characters... especially with evil characters! :D

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
You sir, are the voice of the dark side. I'll have you know all my optimizations are hand crafted in my own kitchen with only the finest organic ingredients.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...as long as we're talking optimization...

I wonder if I should take Warlock instead of Warmage.

It's a similar party role, and potentially more useful...

Ryfte

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
You sir, are the voice of the dark side. I'll have you know all my optimizations are hand crafted in my own kitchen with only the finest organic ingredients.

Ah... but this is an evil themed thread... therefore my actions are most in character, are they not?!?! :lol:

People who haven't made high level characters from scratch can use all the help they can get. ;)

I myself am considering a slightly different spin on my character and changing it to Gnox the Toxic with lots of poison and being an aberration instead of extraplanar... I'm liking the image/concept... :D

Ryfte

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hee...as long as we're talking optimization...

I wonder if I should take Warlock instead of Warmage.

It's a similar party role, and potentially more useful...

More thematically evil in most cases as well. *shrug* ;)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
A chance to start at high level as a warlock IS pretty awesome. You could also consider the hybrid (Mystic Theurge-style) classes for Warlocks, I think they're in Complete Mage.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...hard call. I'd lose a lot...I'd lose my heavy adamantine armor (which admittedly is kind of nerfed a bit under the armor as DR rule...and it wouldn't stack with my warlock DR anyway...). And I'd lose a lot of powerful blasties.

But I'd have superior defense and utility powah.

I dunno. Eclectic Learning makes warmages much more viable.

But warlocks are so COOL. And the concept of it being "magical technology" kind of works better when everything is at-will.

Ryfte

First Post
Hmmm... is a six-armed, 18 unarmed attack based character too much? I'm actually avoiding the super cheese of stormguard warrior, lol...

nah, nevermind... I'll focus on Artim although it's tempting. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads