• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Cinematic (Recruiting)

Avalon®

First Post
They copied the entire article and posted on this thread though you might take a while to understand it since the copy in the thread is all text.

Here's the thread.

Also, can I use bloodlines from UA?

Vertexx69

First Post
Can our big-ticket (5mil) item be intelligent (ELH p.146)? Adding a little sentience to an accumulation of power that massive only seems natural :)

Does the "only one swift action per round" house rule mean that if I use a boost (Swift Action), I won't be able to use a counter (Immediate Action) that round? Or that I can use a boost AND a counter EVERY round if need be?

Are you using the "psionics are different" option, or will SR stop psionic abilities?

Last edited:

Zoycitenega

First Post
Jemal said:
Zoy - I see your base attack (I assume thats what BS Attack stands for) is 28. This is impossible at lvl 30, as base attack (As well as base saves) cap at lvl 20. After that, you get an "Epic attack bonus" on all attacks at every odd level (21, 23, 25, etc), and an "Epic Save Bonus" to all saves at every Even level (22,24,26, etc).
Thus, if your classes are in order as listed, your Base attack bonus would be 18, with a +5 epic attack bonus.

I suggest figuring out how much you value saves vs attack, and then reordering your class levels to suit (Keeping in mind requirements for prestige classes and what level you were able to first obtain them at).
*growl* I knew I had forgotten something about epic. Thanks Jemal :)

Albedo

First Post
Avalon: Sadly I don't like the effects of your epic vestiges, so I'm not allowing them. The class looks alright, however it does continue to get special abilities, so I'm decreasing the epic feat gain to every 4 levels.

No bloodlines please.

Vertexx: You can make your big ticket item anything you want, so int booster is allowed.

Treat immediate actions seperatly from swift actions. You gain one of each every round.

I'm not using the psionics are different option since I don't know how big of apart psionics will have in this campaign and don't want to leave huge holes.

You're doing great guys. Don't forget to approach me for specials for any characters who don't have any yet.

Avalon®

First Post
Albedo said:
Avalon: Sadly I don't like the effects of your epic vestiges, so I'm not allowing them. The class looks alright, however it does continue to get special abilities, so I'm decreasing the epic feat gain to every 4 levels.

No bloodlines please.

Oh well.

Albedo said:
You're doing great guys. Don't forget to approach me for specials for any characters who don't have any yet.

I'm not sure if I already recieved one from you. Have I?

Nightbreeze

First Post
I am slowly starting to move on it. Scan and tell me what is wrong.

Possible problems:
1) Don't know if you allow the Cobra strike variant monk, you can find the link in there
2) The shou disciple stacks with monk levels for the purposes of flurry: in my interpretation, than means that they get greater flurry too
3) The weapon is intelligent, with maximized scores and more powers, in order to get the price higher than 5kk gp.

Monk 7(cobra style)/ Shou Disciple 5/ Fighter 4/ Swashbuckler 4/Iaijutsu Master 10

[sblock=feat tree]
1) [Imp. unarmed strike], [Dodge], Weapon focus(unarmed strike), Improved initiative, [Flurry of blows]
2) [Mobility], [Evasion]
3) Quick Draw, [still mind]
4) [Ki strike(magic)]
5) [Purity of body]
6) [Spring Attack], Exotic Weapon proficiency (Katana), [Dodge bonus +1], [Slow fall 30ft]
7)
8)
9) Weapon Focus (Katana), [Power attack]
10)
11) [Expertise], [Greater Flurry]
12) Imp. Critical (Katana) [dodge bonus +4], [Martial Flurry(any weapon)]
13) [Cleave]
14) [Elusive Target]
15) Improved Bull Rush
16) [Shock Trooper]
17) [Weapon Finesse]
18) Improved cleave
19)
20)
21) Superior Initiative, [Weapon Finesse (Katana)], [Canny Defence]
22) [Lightning blade]
23)
24) Devastating Critical, [Improved Combat Expertise]
25) [Strike from the Void]
26)
27) Overwhelming Critical
28) [One strike, two cuts]
29) [?]
30) Dire Charge, [Strike with no thought]

Normal, plain feat.
Monk bonus feat (cobra stricobra strike style
Shou disciple (Unapproachable east 33) bonus feat
Fighter bonus feat
Swashbuckler (Complete Warrior 11) bonus feat
Iaijutsu master (Oriental Adventures 41) bonus feat
[Special ability from the class on that level]

Stats:
Code:
Ability Base Levels Inherent Enhancemente Total

Str 9     +5 + 6 = 20 (+ 5)
Dex 18 +7 +5 +12 = 42 (+16)
Con 15    +5 + 6 = 26 (+ 8)
Int 17    +5 + 6 = 28 (+ 9)
Wis 13    +5 + 6 = 24 (+ 7)
Cha 18    +5 +12 = 35 (+12)

Equipment

[sblock=The Sword Eternity, 5.095.500 gp]

Eternity is imbued by the true essence of a dying god, a wind elemental prince and the primordial elves. Its purposes are unknow, but it seems to protect and fill with power the direct blood relatives of the primordial elves' royal bloodline.

Special purpose: (50.000gp)
Let someone wield it as long as he carries sufficient amount of the primordial elves power, and defend him and his sons. The purpose of Eternity will be accomplished when one of the Wielders manages to defeat the Defenders of Time, so that the Primordial Le'shays will be able to restore their absolute empire

+10 Keen Speed Defending Katana (4.500.000 gp)

Intelligent Weapon:
Int 36 (+13)
Wis 36 (+13)
Cha 24 (+7)
(13200gp)

Alignament: True Neutral
Communication: Speech and telepathy (8000gp)

Primary powers (24000gp)
1) Free use of uncanny dodge as a 5th level barbarian
2) Wielder does not need to sleep
3) Wielder does not need to breathe
4) Wielder can see invisibility at will

Extraordinary powers (100.000gp)
1) True seeing at will
2) Passwall at will
3) Clairaudience/clairvoyance 3/day, 1 minute per use
4) Globe of Invulnerability, 1/day

Awesome powers (400.000gp)
1) Dominate monster 1/day
2) Gate 1/day
3) Prismatic sphere 1/day
4) Teleport without error 2/day

[/sblock]

Gloves of Epic Dexterity +12, 1.440.000 gp
Mantle of Epic Charisma +12, 1.440.000 gp
Belt of Magnificence +6, 200.000gp
6 manuals +5, 783.000 gp
Adamantine Buckler +1, Soulfire and Heavy Fortification, 101.152gp
Ring of Deviation +5, 50.000gp
Amulet of Natural armor +5, 25.000gp
Bracelets of Armor +8, 64.000gp

something else....

Full Attack, martial flurry.

+47/+47/+47/+47/+42/+37/+32
17(bab)+10(weapon)+16(dexterity)+5(epic bonus)+1(buckler)= +47

AC: 64 = 10+16(dex)+7(wisdom)+9(intelligence)+4(dodge feat)+8(armor)+5(natural armor)+5(deviation)

Vertexx69

First Post
A buckler still counts as a shield, so you'd be giving up your 7 AC from Wis as well as your monk bonus to AC. There are other ways to get the heavy fort and negative energy protection though. Read the Epic portion of srd carefully :)

Albedo

First Post
Walking Dad: Sorry, yours is taking the longest to look over, I've never actually played a warlock so theres alot of research to do. I shouldn't need to much longer though, I'm 2/3 done reading through your list.

Nightbreeze: I'm saying no to intelligent items, though I will agree with your interpretation on the greater flurry thing. I'll also allow Cobra Strike.

Avalon: You said you'd ask for a special later.

Vertexx: If your employing rules from the SRD that don't make an appearance in the hardcover manuals at all, I want to know about them.

Vertexx69

First Post
Nope, I was refering to rod of invulnerability and the trudeath mace. Together they grant the immunity to crits and the immunity to negative energy (although at a significantly higher price). And you just said that I could have an Intelligent Item.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads