• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D-compatible product recommendations

Psion

Adventurer
I'm not aware of many products that focus solely on Epic (though Mongoose's Book of Immortals might, though I don't have it and can't say.)

Mongoose's Quintessential Books and some of the newer Green Ronin character books like Aasimar & Tiefling have epic level extensions for their prestige classes. Aasimar & Tiefling even has an epic-only class.

InnerCircle Games' Legends of Avadnu is entirely epic level creatures, and is available in PDF form at RPGnow.

devilish

Explorer
Psion said:
I'm not aware of many products that focus solely on Epic (though Mongoose's Book of Immortals might, though I don't have it and can't say.)

The Book of Immortals is more about being an Immortal than Epic.

(huh? Aren't they the same?)

The BoI's take on Immortals is more of a template on top of a character rather
than level-driven Epic as in the core rules.
Characters could start down the path of Immortality as early as 15th level
and could possibly complete it before they are 20th level.
An Immortal is more like an Avatar of one or more aspects of the Universe -- like
an uber-cleric -- they could take Immortal Levels (or Victories) in the elements,
good/evil/chaos/law, nature, war, etc. but these are distinct from their
Core Levels.

BoI is more of a template on top of a character than "True-Epic." Although, wiith
the powers gained from each Immortal Level/Victory, they could prove
themselves against Epic Villains/ have Epic Encounters, etc.

hth,
-D

arscott

First Post
WarCraft: Manual of Monsters has epic level villians in it (Core only, No ELH). WarCraft: Shadows and Light also has epic stuff, but I'm not sure how much of that is WotC brand epic. The Book started develoment before the ELH stuff became open content, and the developers had originally planned to write their own epic rules not sure how much of their own system (if any) made it into the final product.

Vigilance

Explorer
Well, when you consciously make the effort to include epic rules in a book and have it discussed as "waste" or extraneous, it makes you think customers would appreciate added whitespace more.

Not an encouraging sign lol.

Chuck

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads