• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Faerun Article

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
It's up. Epic Faerun

Heh, wow. Imagine an Elf High Mage with a Ritualist's Ring (from the Adventurer's Vault)! You could make magic items for 25% of their market price! Keep it up, WotC! One more thing like this and making magic items will actually be a profitable venture! :p

It's up. Epic Faerun

Heh, wow. Imagine an Elf High Mage with a Ritualist's Ring (from the Adventurer's Vault)! You could make magic items for 25% of their market price! Keep it up, WotC! One more thing like this and making magic items will actually be a profitable venture! :p

The next thing will be a artificer race, that will eventually be able to make them for free. ;)

But the destinies are cool. Especially the what-was-it-called-the-king/leader-thingy one. ;)

Larrin

Entropic Good
I agree the Warrior King one was my favorite by far, finally one that fits with a warrior type. Plus i dig the 'instead of making a death saving throw, stand up with half you hitpoints and remove all conditions' ability. High elf mage was really fluffy in how good it really is and seemed oddly focused on healing/killing yourself, but useful for a mage. Harpers seem nice i guess, turning into a ghost is always fun, and the extra encounter ability is decent enough.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
Using the Sword of Kings ability on a Reliable power would basically turn an encounter power into an at-will. If you hit anyone, Sword of Kings makes sure it is unexpended. If you miss, Reliable keeps it unexpended.

I wonder if this is how it is supposed to be. I wonder if it will get errata'd to giving the Reliable keyword to a power (or the functional equivalent thereof, by changing the word "miss" to "hit" or some such.)

Actually, are there any Reliable Encounter powers? (I imagine there eventually will be in some supplement, one way or the other.)

Not that changing an encounter power to an At-Will is outside the scope of reasonfor an Epic Destiny: Archmages already change a Daily power to an Encounter, which is approximately the same.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Using the Sword of Kings ability on a Reliable power would basically turn an encounter power into an at-will. If you hit anyone, Sword of Kings makes sure it is unexpended. If you miss, Reliable keeps it unexpended.

I wonder if this is how it is supposed to be. I wonder if it will get errata'd to giving the Reliable keyword to a power (or the functional equivalent thereof, by changing the word "miss" to "hit" or some such.)

Actually, are there any Reliable Encounter powers? (I imagine there eventually will be in some supplement, one way or the other.)

Not that changing an encounter power to an At-Will is outside the scope of reasonfor an Epic Destiny: Archmages already change a Daily power to an Encounter, which is approximately the same.

I suspect you'll find that reliable is a feature solely of daily powers (which mostly seem to have been designed to do something even on a miss).

That One Guy

First Post
I like the heroking a lot.

Obvious errata to be fixed...

"Elf High Mage Utility 2"

Just saying there's errata to fix. I know WotC people check ENWorld, and I imagine that finding errata for them to fix helps so... yeah.

(Unless they get that utility to replace a level 2 utility somehow)

brehobit

Explorer
Blessing of Mielikki (24th level): You begin a day with 2 action points instead of 1. Each time an enemy in an encounter spends an action point, you gain the ability to spend 1 additional action point in that encounter. Bold and decisive action is the hallmarkof a Harper when combat becomes necessary.

This seems very very powerful. Yes, perhaps more than 'epic'. Thoughts?

dervish

First Post
This seems very very powerful. Yes, perhaps more than 'epic'. Thoughts?

Don't think it's that bad actually. You're still limited to the number of action points you have, though I could agree that the number of ways to get them are increasing rapidly (thinking of the Violet Solitaire from AV). It's a nice ability, sure, but nothing completely game wrecking.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Don't think it's that bad actually. You're still limited to the number of action points you have, though I could agree that the number of ways to get them are increasing rapidly (thinking of the Violet Solitaire from AV). It's a nice ability, sure, but nothing completely game wrecking.
Also: It's an epic destiny. Things with action points can potentially get dicey if you can re-use certain powers. Thankfully, most of these abilities are handed out in other epic destinies. By locking you into a certain destiny, you pay an opportunity cost.

Though laying down a big nova with three consecutive daily attacks *will* hurt.

Cheers, LT.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads