• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Feat. Comments?

trimeulose

First Post
So I thought of an awesome feat. But I want to have some input on balance issues.

Natural Invisibility (Epic)
You have found ways to change your diet and to augment your own body such that you can change invisible at will. This grants the spell improved invisibility as a spell like ability.

Pre-req: Alchemy 25 ranks, heal 25 ranks, concentration 25 ranks, Hide 25 ranks
You MUST eat a regimented diet that will produce the proper effects. Each persons diet may be different, but a diet must be maintained. Any effects that substitute magic for food such as a ring of sustanence will not suffice.

Benefit: Your body produces a quicksilver like substance. This substance causes you to act as if you were under the effect of an improved invisibility spell. Caster level is equal to one half your total hit die. You may use this only once per day, if you use it more than once per day you must make a save vs insanity (as spell DC= 20 effect is a magical disease). For each additional use that day, add +4 to the DC

Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you take the feat you gain an additional time per day that you do not suffer insanity.

Crothian

First Post
There's an epic level feat that gives concealment and it can be taken multiple times. I think that at least one taking of that feat should be a prerequite and probably at least 3 of them.

Drayan

First Post
When i saw whou it was that posted this, and what the name of the feat was, i immediately assumed, broken\munchie, cuz let's, face it, you're a munchkin, especially after you explained the first incarnation of natural invisibility to me. However, this seems to be, well thought out, and fairly balanced, though i agree with crothian, self concealment should be a pre-req, maybe twice. And also, who are you, and what have you done with the real trimeulose, the one who would take damage reduction 18 times?

drowdude

First Post
I dunno... Self-Concealment sounds good as a prereq for what the feat does at first, but it doesnt really seem to fit the concept he is looking for... and there *ARE* some pretty heavy prereqs there already... I mean the concept of this feat screams rogue, but look at what a rogue would have to invest in skill points to get this feat!

Last edited:

trimeulose

First Post
Trimeulose got in a fight with Jared (the fighter with a DR of 54/-) and Elsa (the 33rd level arcane archer that can hit targets up to 1125 feet away 9 times in 6 seconds for arround 9d8 + 341 damage [counts as +16 weapon]).

Needless to say the fight should have been one sided, but Jared got a few lucky/critical hits in and Elsa happened upon some lucky items. Well trimeulose needs to rest and so I Issac Vegan am currently filling in.

PS pretty big fan of Invisible man (though I can hardly find the time to watch it anymore:( ) ahh well. I thought it might add a bit of flavor.

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:
I dunno... Self-Concealment sounds good as a prereq for what the feat does at first, but it doesnt really seem to fit the concept he is looking for... and there *ARE* some pretty heavy prereqs there already... I mean the concept of this feat screams rogue, but look at what a rogue would have to invest in skill points to get this feat!

It does have some hefty skill requirements, but I really thin it needs a feat requirement.

However, since this is mimicking the TV show, I think it screams prestige class. You learn to control the invisisbility and usee it more often as you gain levels at the same time trying to stay of the insantity.

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:

It does have some hefty skill requirements, but I really thin it needs a feat requirement.

However, since this is mimicking the TV show, I think it screams prestige class. You learn to control the invisisbility and usee it more often as you gain levels at the same time trying to stay of the insantity.

Thats a good idea. I think this concept would work well as a 3 or 5 level prestige class rather than an epic level feat.

trimeulose

First Post
How about this:

Unseen striker (epic level prestige class)

Pre-req: hide 25 ranks, move silently 24 ranks, Sneak attack damage, Spring Attack, Improved bull rush

Improved trip may be substituted for either spring attack or improved bull rush.

level--------Bab-------Special
1................+0..........Hide focus
2................+1..........Always Sneaky, Move Silent Focus +1
3................+2..........Faster than sight
4................+3..........Sticky hands, Move silent focus +2
5................+4..........More Speed, fog of night
6................+4..........Ghostly movement, Move Silent focus +3
7................+5..........Back Stab
8................+6..........Conjuntion, MSF +4
9................+7..........Better speed
10..............+8..........Invisible man, MSF +5

Special:
Hide focus: Unseen Striker gets his level added to all hide checks. This comes from specific training to hiding.

Always Sneaky: US is always taking 10 on hide and move silent checks and can do so even when under extreme pressure. Only roll opposed checks after US has purposefully dropped his h/ms cover.

Move silent focus: US gains half his levels as a bonus to move silent checks. This is a synergy bonus.

Faster than sight: A US may hide even while being observed.

Sticky hands: A US may stick to the wall or ceiling as per a spider climb spell only he may not move while hiding this way. If he uses a jump check or other "air movement" he must make a balance check DC 20 or fall.

More Speed: gain run feat for free

Fog of night: gain concealment feat for free (stacks as other concealment feats would)

Ghostly jaunt: Become ethreal 1/day for a number of rounds = 1/2 your US levels

Back Stab: as a full round action, you may either move around your opponent and/or cause your opponent to over exert himself. You get one attack against your opponent + a flanking bonus (if applicable). You must declare this before you attack. Make either a bluff check or a Tumble check (or both). If the Bluff check succeeds then your opponent has moved 10 feet in your direction, if the tumble check succeeds you have moved 10 feet in his direction. If you fail any check your opponent gains an attack of opportunity on you.

Conjunction: you may use any of the following feats with the same attack: Improved Bull Rush, Improved Trip, Spring Attack, Improved Disarm. For instance you could run into an opponent and grab his weapon as you knock him back into the prone position, and then move into hiding.

Improved Speed: You gain the Improved Speed feat for free (does not stack)

Invisible Man: You gain the Natural Invisibility feat for free

PS also thought that concealment might be a good idea until I realized that they dont stack wiith one another.

Drayan

First Post
self concealment does stack, you can take it up to 5 times, at which point the miss chance is 50%, or, total concealment, minus your enemies having to guess where you are.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads