• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Final Battle!

sorites

First Post
Thanks for all the responses!

We played last night, and in typical fashion, the party decided to do *half* of the adventure as planned, and then went off on a tangent for the second half.

They broke into the prison by way of etherealness (only parts of the prison are protected by forbiddance and they found an area that wasn't). They proceeded to locate their imprisoned contact, as well as a the leader of the thieves' guild, and rescued them both.

Part two of the plan was for them to either go find Scyllua and kick her butt, or escape, but then come back to do the same. Instead, they started in on a hair-brained scheme to take on Fzoul himself. We ended the session with the party still trying to come up with a plan to kill the Chosen of Bane. They have all but forgotten Scyllua at the moment.

Isn't that how it always is? :p

BENINHB

First Post
If they have all but forgotten Scyllua at the moment, that sounds like she has a great opportunity to get the drop on them.

Are they still hiding out in the prison while they plot?? I'm sure news travels fast and that the place is full of eyes and ears.

If your players aren't going to the fight, bring the fight to them.

shadyizok

Explorer
Then this seems like the opportune time for scyllua to make her appearance! (NObody breaks into and then OUT of MY prison!!).

Or send in some cronies to asses the situation. Could she have found more details about the party since the broke in?

Also an idea for the beholder: disguise it as an innocent soul taken prisoner at the end battle and watch the party go insane trying to figure out why their magics are off sporadicly during the battle (hard to notice it only happens when the frightened slavegirl looks at you).

Donutboy

First Post
I don't know much about the character, but I suggest if you want to really make this battle epic, collapse the floor.

This Scyllua chick attacks them while they're strategizing. They fight for a while, then this Fzoul guy sees that they are, in fact, a threat and starts causing the floor to collapse, and locks the door so they can't escape. Now the party has to deal with escaping the room and fighting Scyllua at the same time.

Would Fzoul sacrice Scyllua to remove a threat?

MrFaust

First Post
Part two of the plan was for them to either go find Scyllua and kick her butt, or escape, but then come back to do the same. Instead, they started in on a hair-brained scheme to take on Fzoul himself. We ended the session with the party still trying to come up with a plan to kill the Chosen of Bane. They have all but forgotten Scyllua at the moment.

Isn't that how it always is? :p

I have a question, well two really. What level are your characters and do they know anything about Fzoul? Because they gotta be out of their mind if they are going to go after him. Besides the fact that he wont be alone when they find em and unless they are packing hefty levels it would be a quick and painful death for the entire party. Fun for the DM though to watch em scramble once they realized they made a grave mistake (get it grave?).

Would Fzoul sacrice Scyllua to remove a threat?

An yes he would, he would give his own mother to remove a threat. Good luck with the encounter, I would love to hear what happens. I too am running a Forgotten Realms Campaign and of course I will implement the Zents.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads