• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Gladiators and Weaponmasters?

00durrin

First Post
Does anyone know of Epic Progressions for Gladiators and Weaponmasters? A group member and I are approaching epic levels and we're already at (or near) level 10 in our prestige classes.
The Epic Handbook doesn't list progressions from the splatbooks and the one I was able to find (I think on WOTC's website) had classes from Sword and Fist but not these two.
Do you think they'd progress just like a fighter? That is what they're closest to, after all.
Any suggestions?

Crothian

First Post
WM would continue to get the same ki damage every level, increased multiplier every other level, and then I'd give them a bonus feat every fourth level so it would look like this

11: ki Damage 11/day
12: ki Damage 12/day; Increased Multiplier 6/day
13: ki Damage 13/day
14: ki Damage 14/day; Increased Multiplier 7/day, Epic Feat
15: ki Damage 15/day
16: ki Damage 16/day; Increased Multiplier 8/day
17: ki Damage 17/day
18: ki Damage 18/day; Increased Multiplier 9/day, Epic Feat
19: ki Damage 19/day
20: ki Damage 20/day; Increased Multiplier 10/day
21: ki Damage 21/day
22: ki Damage 22/day; Increased Multiplier 11/day, Epic Feat

Of course one would need to go through the ELH and come up with a good list of epic bonus feats for this class

Gladiator I think is one of those classes that doesn't need epic progression. They really don't have abilities that are gained every X levels, so they would be just be just bonus feats it seems to me.

00durrin

First Post
Ok, thanks Crothian (how can you argue with 14k posts?) I am the Gladiator and was hoping for feats anyways.
I am not sure the Weaponmaster will be pleased as he was wanting something other than just more times a day to max damage or increase a multiplier.
In your opinion would the Weaponmaster get bonus feats every other level? Or every 3rd since he has ability progressions as well?
And if I were DM I would rule they have the same pool as fighters to draw from for Epic Feats. Why wouldn't they? It's mostly fighters who become these two classes anyways.

Crothian

First Post
I had the bonus feats every 4th level for the WM because they get one ability every level and one ability every other level.

The feat list for prestige classes should be smaller then the core classes. It gives a reason for taking the core classes this high, because they have more versatility.

With the Gladiator, I guess you could do feats every third level and Study you opponent at levels 11,14, 17, and 20.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads