• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Level Bonus Spells Chart - Errata?

Mulkhoran

First Post
I had heard somewhere that there was something seriously wrong with the chart on Page 59 of the ELH - Expanded Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells. Obviously there is, since a score of 30 looks as if it would grant 2 bonus 10th level spells, and yet only grants 1 bonus 7th-9th level spell.

Anyone know about how this should be? I've looked over at Wizards, and the boards, but haven't found anything specifically addressing this.

Creeperman

First Post
It's an error. The table was copied from Deities and Demigods, but the editors neglected to remove the extra spell granted by the Divine Spellcaster SDA. To correct this, you should subtract one from each entry in the table.

Impeesa

Explorer
IIRC, the table is still correct - just *very* misleading. It says at the bottom that the figure on the table represents the character's bonus spells plus the one spell from Improved Spellcasting.

--Impeesa--

android

First Post
Impeesa said:
IIRC, the table is still correct - just *very* misleading. It says at the bottom that the figure on the table represents the character's bonus spells plus the one spell from Improved Spellcasting.

Exactly. I was just looking at this the other day for a project I'm working on and I was trying to figure out the formula for bonus spells and it threw me off for a bit until I noticed that it said that. If you are looking for just bonus spells, you do indeed subtract 1 from that chart becuse it is including the 1 that you get from Improved Spellcasting.

Remove ads