• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 2 (IC)

Mordane76

First Post
X12 activates his microphone. "Other Crystal Palace agents, status," he says. "Active threat has left the foyer, elevator is out."

"Loki, help me over to the guard's office," X12 says, pointing in the direction of their battered office. "They took an unshielded blast; they're probably dead from the radiation, but we have a few moments of quiet here, and if I can at least stabilize them till we've completed our operations here, they'll hold. Once you get me over there, go help the others. I'll keep in contact -- look for anyone seriously injured on your way, especially non-Palace civilians."

Calinon

First Post
Foyer
X12 makes his way over to the guard room. The two charred guards outside lay unmoving, and there are many guards buried within the room. It is going to take you a lot of time to check everyone, but likely the most grievously injured are before you. They are both alive, barely, with extreme radiation burns over their bodies. Did that guy just stop breathing?

Medical checks failed.

You quickly realize these are not enemy soldiers. They are security guards; normal men who get paid an hourly wage to provide passable security enforcement. And these two are dying.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
"Dammit," X12 curses. He opens his microphone again. "Loki, get back here as quickly as you can -- I need help digging the other guards out. To any non-engaged EPIC member near a phone -- I have a medical emergency and need immediate back-up from a trauma team. I'm going to attempt to stabilize two of the guards; if I'm not conscious to inform the medical team, they are presently in critical condition, extensive radiation burns, one of the guards may have just gone in respiratory arrest, but I'm not 100% sure. Vitals are weak on the other guard -- I need immediate assistance."

Kneeling down, X12 put his face close to the still breathing guard. "Just stay calm; a team is on the way. I will help you as much as I can until they get here, but you need to remain still and not exert yourself until they arrive and assist you further. No matter what happens to me, don't try and help me -- you'll do more harm to yourself and me if you try to help me."

OOC: I'll help try and heal the guard I believe has stopped breathing. If I'm still alive after that, I will heal the other guard. I changed this after the reply on the OOC thread about how my healing works, but since Calinon hadn't posted, I didn't expect it would make too much difference.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Hearing X12 through the radio, the rest of Johans start heading to the foyer too, except for the one guarding our shadowy adversary, and one who heads for a phone to call in medical help.

Mule

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"Loki, get back here as quickly as you can -- I need help digging the other guards out.
His knees already a bit wobbly after getting a little too intimate with X12's insides, Randall reluctantly walks over to help X12 with the dying guards. "What happened to these guys X?"

Mordane76

First Post
Mule said:
His knees already a bit wobbly after getting a little too intimate with X12's insides, Randall reluctantly walks over to help X12 with the dying guards. "What happened to these guys X?"

"The axe the Headsman was carrying emitted a radiation burst," X12 says as he looks over their wounds. "These two had no protection, were fully exposed. There may be others in the rubble, Loki -- start digging them out if you can. Hopefully, another of our team will call for medical assistance. If you don't here sirens within the next eight minutes, run for a phone and call this in -- there is a very good chance this might stop my heart, and if a trauma team doesn't get here soon, the other guard and I will most likely die."

"Also, whatever happens to me, don't try and wake me -- keep digging, assist the other guard, but don't try and wake me; I don't know exactly what this is going to do to me, especially if he's already dead."

OOC: Changed action -- will heal both guards, as Calinon has said I can.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Don't let her touch you. Michelle warns whoever has entered the room, although Anna is easily picked out, what with her whole body being covered in armor.

Someone get Mrs. Raynes out of here and tell me where that bitch is. Michelle will hold her attack until someone directs her, she will use the directions with her detection ability.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
"What the hell?" Sanjay exclaims at the sight. "You sadistic...you're not going anywhere!"

OOC: Snare +7 (1/2 action), try to ensnare the woman's feet in concrete. If successful, direct Michelle to her position (free action).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads