• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic PrC Idea for Eadric of Deorham Urgently Required

Gideon

First Post
Piratecat had a thought

Choice seems to be one of the major themes for Eadric. He also has been given leeway and his own personal devil advocate. So Piratecat's idea has a lot of merit in my opinion. Yeah...how bout those two copper pieces.

KingCroMag

First Post
If you have dieties and demigods look at a divine rank 0. You don't get a whole lot but it could be drawn out over a level or two. Now divine rank 1+ is a bigger jump in power. which could be broken up savage species style.
-KCM

Doable?

Okay, so this might be the basis for a possible 20-level Epic PrC – incorporating ideas about flexibility and avoiding the gradation of abilities which would be redundant at high level (acid resistance 5, light 1/day etc.) This is just mechanics – sorry if it seems a bit dry. By 20th level, all half-celestial abilities and quasi-deity traits are incorporated. Feedback, as always, is much appreciated.

BREATH OF ORONTHON

[Insert flavour text]

Hit Die: d8

Requirements: Character must be Eadric of Deorham (ahem).

Class Skills: The character’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis) and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points at Each Level: 2+ Int Modifier

Class Features

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: The character gains no additional weapon or armour proficiencies.

Path to Illumination: At 1st level, the character begins his path towards illumination and sainthood, as his celestial and quasi-divine nature begins to reveal itself. He gains +1Natural Armour, Low-light vision, Darkvision 60 ft., a +4 racial bonus to saves against poison and the ability to use light at will as a supernatural ability.

Special Abilities: At every level after 1st level (except 20th level), the character gains another benefit from the following palette of special abilities:

Deftness of Mind and Hand: The character gains +2 Int and +2 Dex. This ability may be chosen only once.

Elemental Resilience: The character gains either electricity, acid or cold immunity; or fire resistance 20, at his option. This ability may be chosen four times – one for each elemental immunity or resistance listed.

Resolute Spirit: The character gains +2 Cha and +2 Wis. This ability may be chosen twice – its effects stack.

Enduring Body: The character gains +2 Con and +2 Str. This ability may be chosen twice – its effects stack.

Manifest the Power: The character gains a number of spell-like abilities as a sorcerer with a level equal to his character level. This ability may be chosen twice – each time, a new set of spell-like abilities become available to the character. The first set of spell-like abilities must be chosen before the second.

1. 3/day – protection from evil; 1/day – bless, aid, detect evil, cure serious wounds, neutralize poison, holy smite, remove disease.

2. 3/day – holy aura; 1/day – dispel evil, holy word, hallow, symbol, summon monster IX (celestials only), resurrection.

Immutable Form: The character becomes immune to transmutation effects which change his form.

Unassailable Mind: The character becomes immune to mind-affecting effects.

Spirit of Fire and Light: The character becomes immune to all energy draining and ability-draining attacks and damage.

Divine Speed: The character’s base speed doubles. This ability may be chosen only once.

Aura of Protection: The character gains a deflection bonus to his AC equal to his Charisma modifier. This ability may be chosen only once.

Resistance to Mortal Magic: The character gains SR 32.

Resistance to Mortal Weapons: The character gains DR 35/+4.

Sanctification: At 20th level, the character is immortal (he cannot die from natural causes, does not age, does not need to eat, sleep or breathe.) His hit points are recalculated, and he gains the maximum number per die. The character is a hero-deity with a divine rank of 0.

Character Level

1st Path to Illumination
2nd Special Ability
3rd Special Ability
4th Special Ability
5th Special Ability
6th Special Ability
7th Special Ability
8th Special Ability
9th Special Ability
10th Special Ability
11th Special Ability
12th Special Ability
13th Special Ability
14th Special Ability
15th Special Ability
16th Special Ability
17th Special Ability
18th Special Ability
19th Special Ability
20th Sanctification

Last edited:

Seravin

Explorer
so does this mean that eadric would forego BAB and save progression except where modified by a special ability?

Nope. Epic level advancement for BAB and saves has a specific rate, regardless of class. +1 per 2 levels, though they are offset from each other.

Requirements: Character must be Eadric of Deorham (ahem).

I have some problems with that line - but it's only envy. :D

I like it.
It's simple. It gives Lombard some options to play with. And of course, it's cool.

darkbard

Legend
Seravin said:
Nope. Epic level advancement for BAB and saves has a specific rate, regardless of class. +1 per 2 levels, though they are offset from each other.

in that case, i'm all in favor. it seems like a fair compromise between the various suggestions.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Perfect! Very well done!

All that needs "touch-up" are the Requirements, and it's general-purpose, too!

-- Nifft

Lela

First Post
Wow, once again you've made the impossible possible. Very well done. Just to note, I burst out laughing when I read the Requirments. ;)

I still wonder about Reserection and Edric. Would he use it? Should he use it?

Also, what about the rest of the characters?

darkbard

Legend
question about immutable form: would eadric be able to supress this ability at will? if not, it may make certain enterprises [like the current one] somewhat difficult.

Morte

Explorer
Lela said:
I still wonder about Reserection and Edric. Would he use it? Should he use it?

Like the man said, the one thing Eadric needs is more hard decisions... ;)

I look forward to him agonising over resurrection, and the story fallout either way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads