• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Prevention

Jemal

Adventurer
Before settling down for supper, the group was able to do some thinking and some information gathering.

Here's a general run-down of what you've discovered between yourselves.

The general populace knows little to nothign about the seven, though there have been rumours flying for nearly a year about strange happenings and legends returning, Dragons Awaking, all around the continent. Mostly, the populace is worried about the current war with the United Alliance.

Some people have shared with you a brief bit on a prophesy of the Sea before he left, something about everything coming full circle, the Oaths being broken, the vampire's return, the Void attempting to break free, and Stewards gathering. Nobody could remember exactly what it was, though, or if it was written somewhere.

While Tharivol was staring at the sky, he noticed something odd, though nobody else seemed to notice it. A small piece of the sun seemed to be missing, as though it was the beginning of an eclipse. When asked about it, msot of the soldiers seemed to know what it meant, though one said he'd noticed it the previous night, and had thought nothing of it since.

*I'll give a while if you guys have any specific questions/things you'd like to know, and to give you guys some time to talk to each other In Character.*

Jemal

Adventurer
After a mostly uneventful meeting, you've decided to wait for the Sphere to answer your question.

The next day passes uneventfully, though it is noted that the 'hole' in the sun appears to be growing larger. On the morning of the third, you trek back to Islo, where the king greets you and leads you into the central spire of the Castle. Stopping before a door, he gestures to it "Only one person may question the sphere. Which of you will go in?"

*Otherwise known as: BUMP

I'm not too fond of spoon feeding or handholding, but if you guys have no ideas on what to do, I WILL go ahead.*

Ivellious

First Post
Tharivol looks around the group, and touches the emblem of the wounded purple dragon on his chest, and speaks out, "I'll go. And I won't take no for an answer.....it feels.....like something I have to do." Xialanet, in her eleven form starts to open her mouth with the half elf stares at her, and says again "I will not take no for an answer. You have my word as a paladin that I'll ask where the weasel is. Like I said.....it just.....feels like something I have to do."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Athearkepeskorn exchanges glances with his companion then nods.

"If you feel called...then it should be you. Gods of light guide you."

Jemal

Adventurer
Tharivol enters the room and the door closes behind him. On a pedastal in the center of the 20' diameter, circular room is a metalic sphere, about twice the size of a large apple. It has no distinguishing features other than a line going around the middle, bisecting the sphere.

Picking it up, Tharivol holds it in his hands and twists the sphere. It goes all the way around before a sharp *click* is heard, and the sphere falls open, dropping to the ground. A faint light emanates from within, and a million voices whisper, asking you in a million different ways what you want to know.

Ivellious

First Post
Tharivol looks at the orb on the ground, and takes a breath. He thinks for a moment to get the wording for his only question. "Orb of the Ages, answer my one question so that we my be able to save this world from peril. Where is Cystral, the intelligent cystral ball, and her companion Nevmor, the immortal weasel?" The half elf asks in elven, he closes his eyes for a moment, bringing the memory of the fallen, and those that had fallen to his blade, seeing the face that still contiune to haunts his dreams. His eyes open up with a jolt and he again looks at the orb, waiting for it to answer

Jemal

Adventurer
Familiar voices reply in Elven and Common
"The Crystal is with the Weasel" Says one
"The Weasel is in his home"
"Their home is where the Sea once was, guarding the West."
"Nevmor and Crystal lay trapped in the Dragon's Den."
Finally, a strong voice, not a whisper, and one that Tharivol feels SHOULD be familiar, speaks "Any Silver can find my lair. Free us and we will aid you."

Finally, the orb closes with a quiet click. A moment later, the orb begins rolling around the floor, clicking 365 times before stopping at your feet.

Ivellious

First Post
Tharivol continues to look at the orb for a moment and then picks it up gently. He examines it for a few seconds before placing it back on the pedestal, and then leaves the room, thinking about the answer the orb gave

Remove ads