• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Prevention

Ivellious

First Post
"The Crystal is with the Weasel"
"The Weasel is in his home"
"Their home is where the Sea once was, guarding the West."
"Nevmor and Crystal lay trapped in the Dragon's Den."
Tharivol says as he remembers the words that were said to him. "Then something not of the ages spoke to me. It told me any Silver can find their lair, and to help free them. I'd assume it was Crystal or Nevmor from what the ages said, but I can't be sure." The Paladin looks as Ashtear and then to Xialanet. "Any ideas?"

Shayuri

First Post
"The Dragon's Den," Athear rumbles. "I wonder if that means the Dark Dragon."

Rhodia seems interested in the second part. "Any silver can find the lair? But it wasn't the Ages that spoke? What could possibly speak through the Ages...but the Ages? What did the voice sound like, Sir Tharivol?"

Jemal

Adventurer
As Tharivol recalls, the voice was not familiar as in recognizable, but rather in a way that reminded him of himself.. Much like the reason you've all so quickly fallen into working together... You each notice something 'familiar' in each other, and that's what he heard in the voice.

Darimaus

First Post
Mary ponders the riddle, and acknowledges that they lack the information to solve it on their own. She decides to bring the problem to the King, who may hold more insight into the clues.

OOC: I don't know if the king is in the room, or if I will have to find him.

Shayuri

First Post
"Yes...consult the King..." Athearkepeskorn muses. "I must think on this."

He takes off with a momentary hurricaine of wind that floods the courtyard of the palace with dust. A moment later his quicksilver form is coiled around the tallest parapet, his head just under the unfurled banner of the kingdom as he sweeps his gaze across the panorama before him.

Any silver could find eh? Lets see if anything jogs me...

As he looks out over the land, he keeps the words 'Dragon's Den' in his mind, trying to find any resonance between them and what he's seeing.

Jemal

Adventurer
As Mary goes off to find the king (He DOES have work, and can't hang around waiting for you, regardless of your.. 'stature'.), Athear searches the landscape. He remembers a mountain range along the Western coast.. which is strange, as he's never been there.
Closing his eyes, he has flashes of flight, a feeling of returning home, air rushing over his wings. Plains below him, mountains ahead, sea beyond, other Silver's all around. When he opens his eyes, he can see the mountains way off in the distance. Perhaps when he's closer he'll know what to do.

Pyrex

First Post
Lochlan goes with Mary to speak with the king.

"The 'Dragon's Den'? Do you suppose it's being held by that black and it's rider?"

Jemal

Adventurer
*As Lochlan asks the question of Mary, he realizes that it couldn't be. The ages said that the weasel and crystal were together, in their home in the western mountains, and then said they were in the dragons den... Int check: that must be the name of The Sea's old lair. The Dark Dragon was far to the SouthEast in a Swamp.
OOC EDIT: You'll also note that I try not to refer to the dragon as 'black', but rather 'dark'. A subtle yet important difference.*
Lochlan and Mary find the king after about 20 minutes of searching, and when they do, he is in an audience. They are asked to wait for 'just a moment' while he finishes. The moment stretches... and stretches...
They notice that the man standing guard at the door seems rather nervous, and keeps glancing at them, and then back down the hallway.

(Sense motive: He's hiding something)

[sblock=ooc]
BTW, i've noticed we seem to have slowed significantly. Is there a problem figuring out what you want to do, or are people just really busy, or what?

I'm gonna take a roll-call right now, just to doublecheck. Head over to the OOC thread, please.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Jemal said:
They notice that the man standing guard at the door seems rather nervous, and keeps glancing at them, and then back down the hallway.

(Sense motive: He's hiding something)

"Is something amiss good sir? You seem... distracted."

Remove ads