Epic Rogue's gallery

brehobit

Explorer
There have been a number of requests for pre-made epic level characters. Given that the various automatic sheets have made it easier to do this, I thought I'd start making and posting a few.

I'll start with an unnamed level 30 wiz. I'm including pdf files of both the character sheet and the power cards.

Character sheet issues
There are a few bugs in the Wonko's character sheet (which is by far the best I've found) and that means there are a few updates that need to be made.
  1. Hit points are 8 too low. That impacts healing surges and blooded.
  2. Thunderwave should be a close blast 4 that pushes for 3 (due to feats and magic items)
  3. The epic utility "shape magic" is missing from the sheet and the power cards.
  4. It isn't obvious that Legion's Hold is now an encounter power.

Tactics
Wiz30's general tactics involve using legion's hold fairly early and using his second wind soon after if damaged. In major combats Prismatic spray will pop out fairly early followed by a use of second wind if damaged (to really get burning blood going). In combats with a fairly large number of opponents, Wiz30 should use bolstering blood to improve Legion's hold.

Action points are very powerful for wis30. He gets +3 to hit with the bonus action, does 10 points of on going damage on any hit, and makes a save vs. everything a save can help with.

Confusion used at the right time is deadly. The movement provokes AoO and the target can cause damage to someone else. It should be commonly used against elites and solos when hand-to-hand types are in position. Also not traditional forced movement, so moving into a hazardous space shouldn't be resisted by a save.

Between shape magic and the staff of power wiz30 should be able to have the right power in the right situation.

On the defensive side you are looking at a lot of healing surges which works well with the bloodcut armor. You also can using healing word 1/day and have the staff implement at +5.

Attachments

• wizard30_main.pdf
    295 KB · Views: 61
  • wiz30_power.pdf
    301.6 KB · Views: 44

Remove ads