Epic spells and the Epic Caster (unfair balence of power?)

Valdier

Explorer
Ah, yes you did:
Ahhh no I didn't... I again comment on your reading ability, and now start to question your comprehension level.

And when you can have a reasonable discusssion without telling me I don't know how to read, I don't know how to add, and that I'm not worthy of commenting on the cost to benefit ratio of a given spell, I'll get back to you on the rest of your claims.

You obviously have trouble reading the ELH and seeing that similar examples exist. You clearly don't understand how to add as far as the ELH is concerned if you somehow add +2130 to a spell for some completely silly reason.

Do you really believe it takes a multi-tens-of-thousand level PC to kill a 20 mile radius? If so... I don't think I need to point out your inability to comment on level to benefit ratio.

I look forward to thought out comments when you get back to me on it... thanks :)

Blacksad

Explorer
Biggest Bump Ever

Shard O'Glase said:
I don't have the EH, but here is a minor nitpick about the +100-200 spellcraft items mentioned. The +100 someone said would cost 2,000,000 and I think the +200 would be 8,000,000. Now unless they cheapened the xp cost of magic item creaiton that would be 80,000 and 320,000 xp respecitvely. Now unless they changed the xp needed for advancement that would mean you'd have to be a 80th - or 320th level character to have a chance to make one of these items. In other words yeah right you'll see one in your games. Now at the low end you could see the +100 total bonus like maybe a +30 and a couple other bonuses etc and bang you got +100 but a single +100 item I don't think we will see.

And by the way yes the rules sound lame. I saw some epic spells in a dragon and they were decidedly un-epic, paying ex, and GP for spells that are frequently weaker than 9th level spells, and almost always are weaker than metamagiced spells of 10th+ level just isn't worth it. And if it does follow the spells and magic system of 2nd edition then they took ideas from a lame source those rules for 10th level spells sucked for the same reasons.

After several day, my brain reminded me of that thread:p

So on the magic item creation you aren't right, though you multiply the gp cost by 10, the XP cost isn't multiplied by 10

So the +100 item cost 8,000 xp and the +200 32,000 xp

by the way: the guidelines on creating PC above level 20 say that you can have up to one items worth 25% of your wealth, and no more than 3 items worth 10% of your wealth.

As bad as the system is, I think that it is balanced, even if it isn't fun.

And Arravis, being 1 or 2 level behind for a spellcaster doesn't seems as important in Epic games as in normal games, your spellcasting ability doesn't increase above level 20, the important thing now is your spellcraft score.

Remove ads