• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Suggestions for a 35th level tank

molonel

First Post
domino said:
Does anyone else find Ur Priest + Pious Templar a bit hinky?

That depends on how you play it.

In his 3.0 incarnation, working up from 1st through 21st level, he took levels of Templar (from Defenders of the Faith) when he was a guardian of one of Dumathoin's libraries. He eventually went apostate, and joined the cult of Ogremoch. In time, he defeated the Herald of Ogremoch, and took his place. In our realm, Ogremoch is a rising deity who was recently released and not very powerful. (This is laying the groundwork for the Temple of Elemental Evil, for those who haven't caught it - another one of the characters in the group is the Herald of Imix.) So not having to drain his power granting spells, and having a High Priest who was self-sufficient, was a bonus.

He's a neutral evil deity, in our pantheon, and the idea of stealing spells from other gods pleased him.

That's how we played it. Your mileage may vary.

Drowbane

First Post
molonel said:
That depends on how you play it.

In his 3.0 incarnation, working up from 1st through 21st level, he took levels of Templar (from Defenders of the Faith) when he was a guardian of one of Dumathoin's libraries. He eventually went apostate, and joined the cult of Ogremoch. In time, he defeated the Herald of Ogremoch, and took his place. In our realm, Ogremoch is a rising deity who was recently released and not very powerful. (This is laying the groundwork for the Temple of Elemental Evil, for those who haven't caught it - another one of the characters in the group is the Herald of Imix.) So not having to drain his power granting spells, and having a High Priest who was self-sufficient, was a bonus.

He's a neutral evil deity, in our pantheon, and the idea of stealing spells from other gods pleased him.

That's how we played it. Your mileage may vary.

Interesting...

I also thought the Ur Priest / Pious Templar smacked of oddness...

But if your DM is cool with your justification, all good right?

Sounds like you have your class selection pretty much down... what exactly are you asking of us lowly EN-types? :p Forgive me if I missed something... just woke up.

molonel

First Post
Drowbane said:
Interesting... I also thought the Ur Priest / Pious Templar smacked of oddness ... But if your DM is cool with your justification, all good right?

He liked the idea, actually.

Drowbane said:
Sounds like you have your class selection pretty much down... what exactly are you asking of us lowly EN-types? :p Forgive me if I missed something... just woke up.

Two things:

1. Ways to become large.

2. Ways to increase damage potential. Presently, I have his damage up to 3d8+2d6+71. That is without Power Attack, and all untyped damage. That uses strength (+33), the weapon's enhancement value (+8), Epic Divine Might (+24), Weapon Specialization (+2), Epic Weapon Specialization (+4), and the Vicious enchantment from the Core rules.

Remove ads