• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic vs. Demigod Smackdown!!! [Recruiting/Setup]

Robbert Raets

Explorer
So, I still have this idea left in my head. I want a D&D Smackdown, preferably one that pits Epic-level characters against Demigods, as a test of power. Can balanced characters take out a god? What's the LA on the Deity template?

Thoughts?

Drakknyte32

First Post
Very interesting. I admit I've often wondered this myself.

So would these Epic characters be munchkin or non munchkin? And what level, equipment?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Likewise. This sounds like it should be interesting. A couple quick questions: are you using psionics, and and are you using the variant rule whereby Spellcraft rolls for epic casting are based on the primary casting ability, rather than on Intelligence?

Tyreus

First Post
I'm in too. Level 20 gods cannot stand up to level 40 munchkin chars though. Maybe make them level 40 demigods, but not munchkinized. That would make it challanging. Just a suggestion.

nameless

First Post
I'd also give it a shot. I'll play one of the gods, but as Tyreus and SerpentEye said, hopefully higher than level 20 (or with the 20 outsider HD and then 20 levels).

Drakknyte32

First Post
Or just make it with a tier system. The characters start out with the weaker level 15-20 demigods and gradually work their way up to the really tough level 40 gods.

This would also have the advantage of giving the players time to get used to their characters. I've never built or played a level 40 character before and a few practice rounds would really help.

(I just called level 20 Demigods practice :D )

Remove ads