• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Equipments & Magic Items to seek for as a Tempest Cleric

smbakeresq

Explorer
Here are some ideas from an adventure path I am playing now, the Age of Worms, converted by Tormyr here and used (hopefully) with his permission:

Lightning Sword Weapon (shortsword), legendary (requires attunement) This +1 sword deals an additional 1d4 lightning damage on a hit. Three times per day the wielder can cast fly by drawing the sword. If the wielder is also attuned to the Sword of Aqaa, the wielder can strike both swords together to create a a 6d6 thunder blast in a 30 foot line three times per day. Any creatures in the area of effect must make a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw, taking half damage on a successful save or full damage on a failure.

Ring of the Wind Dukes Ring, legendary (requires attunement) The wearer ignores the effects of strong winds and gains resistance to lightning damage. Once per day the wearer may
cast dominate monster (PHB 235) against an air elemental without requiring any material components. Once per day the wearer can turn themselves into a 60 foot long lightning bolt (PHB 255) and return to physical form at the other end of the 60 foot line. The Dexterity saving throw for any creatures caught in the lightning bolt is DC 14. Secret: Any chaotic creature that is attuned to this ring suffers disadvantage on attack rolls ability checks and saving throws until it breaks attunement with the ring.

Sword of Aqaa Weapon (longsword), legendary (requires attunement) This +1 sword blasts a gale force wind at a creature when it scores a critical hit. The creature hit by a critical hit with this sword must make a DC 14 Strength saving throw or suffer the effects of the wind. Small and smaller creatures (and Medium flying creatures) are blown back. Creatures on the ground are knocked back 1d4x10 feet and take 1d4 bludgeoning damage while flying creatures are knocked back 2d6x10 feet and take 2d6 bludgeoning damage. Medium (and Large flying) creatures are knocked prone). Larger creatures are not affected. If the wielder is also attuned to the Lightning Sword, the wielder can strike both swords together to create a 6d6 thunder blast in a 30 foot line three times per day. Any creatures in the area of effect must make a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw, taking half damage on a successful save or full damage on a failure.

smbakeresq

Explorer
A rainshade (Anglish word) to keep your prayer books dry. :p

I ran a dwarf cleric with a craft background in pottery that made “potions” with clay tiles the size of dominos. You had to break the tile to get the magic. It also avoided the wet problem. I gave players mahjong tiles to use at the table.

The DM loved the idea and let me inscribe a scroll inside my shield to be used also as a reward for creative thinking.

imdeadagain

Explorer
Best weapon for a TC is probably Windvane from POTA, 1d6 extra lightning damage on a hit triggers thunderbolt strike for free 10 ft pushback. You also get resistance to lightning damage and the ability to dominate air elementals, very thematic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads