Equivalent Exchange--Episode 2: Blood is Thicker

Festy_Dog

First Post
Selim begins to advance on the soulmeld, sword held at the ready. He does not however travel straight towards the soulmeld, instead avoiding the space directly between it and the door and traveling in an arc curving away from the chimera.

"That doll is made from the remains of innocent women you killed," he says, limbering up his sword arm, "You will answer for that."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The chimera growls.*

"Liar! Stay back or the offer is VOID!"

(OOC: Let me know if Selim actually does that--they will consider the advance to be an attack, and he may not win initiative against the enemies or his other allies)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Selim glanced at his colleagues, and seeing hesitation, remained in his place. He could not bring down this foe alone.

"It appears you will have the time you want," he says.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The soulmeld nods, not particularly pleased--he clearly thinks he would win should a fight break out. He continues the last bits of an extremely complex array for the next minute, then assuming nobody launches an attack in the meantime, begins the final step of the transmutation.*

(OOC: Let me know if you guys are content to sit for that minute--two out of three again should be enough, then I'll proceed to the completion of the transmutation)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Laura seems hesitant, but inside, she keeps a keen eye on the array. I must know what it is for latter. Perhaps I can use it... perhaps....? Thoughts of a man with scar flutter for a moment, then are crushed as she concetrates.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The soulmeld performs the final step of the transmutation--he crushes something, and a small amount of a gooey red bloodlike substance that Laura recognises seeps into the circle as he puts one gauntleted hand on the inside back of his left heel, calling out impassionedly:*

"I offer everything, including this mockery of an existence! This must be right--make it work!"

*And with that, as the chimera growls in surprised protest, he steps onto the array and slaps his other hand down onto the final spot to complete the circle with his armoured body.*

*There is a brilliant flash of many-coloured light as the armoured body begins to glow with lines of red and is broken down, except for a tiny shardlike fragment, and lines of energy begin to dance from the circle, particularly around the chimera, which is likewise ripped apart and rent asunder, leaving random animal parts and blood splayed across the room as the light clears and fades away...*

*And then, the naked doll blinks and opens her eyes, turning her head slightly from side to side as she breathes in and out, and then beginning to weep. Is it a doll now? It seems entirely human.*

"I'm...I'm me! Darling you..." then she sees the three of them in the hallway, still armed, "Oh dear...whatever it is, I give up!"

Raylis

First Post
Elysia stares, the dagger in her hand going slack and dropping to the ground. The Chimera gone, the soulmeld gone, her anwsers gone.

What did that thing do? Was that a human transmutation? Did it work, or did that thing just create another homunculus?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Selim looks upon the woman with suspicion, but in his gaze is a measure of empathy. An understanding of sorts comes over him as he looks upon the remaining shard of metal and the scattered animal remains.

Selim sheathes his sword and removes his now torn and battered overcoat. Walking over to the woman he places the coat over her shoulders, then scoops up the remaining shard of armour and hands it to her.

"I think there is no more that can be done here," he says to his colleagues.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Selim picks the armour shard up, he sees that it has a seal on it drawn in blood.*

"Tucker, you bastard...I...I...beat you!" a quiet voice seems to whisper.

Remove ads