• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tereg]There are few charters available this late at night, provided he doesn't mind borrowing a boat, Tereg can find an unattended row boat without too much trouble. It takes him about 10 minutes to find one when no one is looking. Every once in a while he looks back up towards the Blue Nixie. Right before he grabs the row boat, a bald tattooed man emerges from the captains quarters. Presumably that is Tereg's mark.[/sblock]

[sblock=rest]With their leads and clues in tact the four others turn in for the night in their various haunts or domeciles. The night is short and hot, though thankfully a slight breeze picks up late at night making things at least a little less muggy. The next morning they head together or seperately towards the Pearl and the Parrot in the nobles district.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Julian reports what he's found out to the others over breakfast.

"Soller Vark is a smuggler, his crew smuggles dangerous and exotic animals into Sassarine for sale in Shadowshore's black markets. We even found a lead on an exotic flying monkey that his crew brought in which was sold to one of the more well to do merchants of the Merchant's district, Orimander."

"We also got some dirt on Vanthus. He has been seen in the area of the Plucked Parrot. He was often seen in the company of a known smuggler named Penkus."

"Vanthus is not our main concern. We could try to blackmail Vark, or get him arrested by the Azure watch, but I don't know that this would really get us what we want. I'm thinking an attack is looking for likely to be needed.?

"Good luck with Rowyn tonight, Alix. Let us know if you want any backup. Tereg, did you learn anything?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"An attacking is seeming a more and more likely necessity--exotic animals...hopefully he doesn't have any dangerous ones on the Blue Nixie trained to kill intruders."

"As to Vanthus, as is often the case with nobles, just because he is not the direct concern does not mean he isn't truly the main concern. My instincts tell me that our path leads to Vanthus, particularly for the death of the late Lord and Lady Vanderboren. That said, I shall see what Rowyn has to say about our friend Vark while the rest of you prepare for an assault by making sure you all have a viable amount of arms and armour. Hopefully Tereg has some come intel that will help us with the timing and other logistics."

Velmont

First Post
Jerrell listen to Julian and Alix without adding a word. Juian had led this investigation and it was normal he let him speak.

Arms and armors... I'll have to spend most of my saving on that. Is it what I want... becoming a sellsword? Figthing a whale is one thing, a person is another... or any other animals. Nothing can be compare to the whales. If it is for a lady.

"In that case, I think it will be better if I go do my shopping now. I think you have the things in good hand and don't need mine for now. I should be back in an hour or two."

After having the approbation of the others, Jerrell leave the Pearl and the Parrot and head to teh nearest weapon and armor shop he knows about.

Malarky

First Post
Tereg tries to get a bit closer to the Blue Nixie with the little boat, but when he discovers that he cannot approach hidden beyond a couple dozen feet he abandons that idea and turns back, unless he can hear anything at that point. He'll try to contact the others that night as soon as he can rather than waiting for tomorrow morning to let them know their quarry is on board and the number of enemies he gaged were on the vessel.

ooc: sorry guys Business and Easter et all has been nuts.

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tereg]Tereg returns the dhingy to the place where he 'borrowed' it from. Tying it off, he hops back up onto the dock and starts to head out to find the others. He remembers where Jerrel and Julian were staying the night, though the other two are probably staying at their own places. As it has only been a couple of hours at most since everyone has left the manor, the others will probably still be out gathering information.

Does Tereg stay and watch the boat longer or does he try and contact people immediately or does he wait for the others to show?[/sblock]

[sblock=rest]As it may come up before we get to the morning meeting, where does everyone stay over night after turning in?[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Is it too late to do the shopping? If so, Jerrell will probably follow either Julian or Nathan. If he can't, he will probably return to his ship and rest there. not very confortable, but it is a cheap place and he feels there at home.[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads