• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Malarky

First Post
Tereg drops his disguise bowing low to Alix, "You did ask to be informed as soon as there was any news sir. What I observed is that the Blue Nixie is relatively well guarded. I counted about 7 people but those are just the ones I saw on deck. She is also not exactly docked, but rather anchored a distance off in the harbour. I approached it, but couldn't really gain more insight as to their defenses." he explains apologetically. "I didn't think it wise to sneak on board and tip our hand just yet. I did notice the afforementioned Soller Vark was on board."

His report done, he waits for further instructions.

ooc: sorry for the delays guys life has been hectic.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...you did well to approach in disguise--if you had time left on it, you could have kept it running, but you can leave via my window if you are good at climbing--whatever we do, we don't want our enemies to know of this visit if they have spies here."

"So...let's see. Now we have specific numbers and we know that Vark is on board, the latter of which doesn't matter overly much except that it will be harder to parlay with him if we have to go out there. Other than that, it's just what we expect. What about the most important part of all--do you know how often they send someone out to change up or get supplies, if at all? That's crucial, since if we can knock out one of them who is getting supplies, we could use magic to disguise one of us as that person and use it as part of a gambit."

Erekose13

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Happy to see this game moving. It's a complicated game & I fear I'm losing track of it. At this point, though, I think we're waiting for the morning meeting before everyone's together again.

Sorry about that, it got a bit lost with Verbatim missing and the rough time we've had around the home with our new business. I'm eager to get it back up and running so hopefully I can grab your attention again.

Quick summary of events so far:
* each character received a letter to dine with Lavinia Vanderboren.
* at dinner she offered the characters a job to help her get her family's money back.
* characters split up to gather info on her ship and her brother.

We were waiting to get all back together in the morning.

Velmont said:
OOC: I think so, also, I didn't had any answer about if I could go shopping (probably too late).

Doh, I had meant to answer. Its too late tonight but you can grab some stuff on the way to the meeting (light armor, simple or martial weapons) in the morning. So pick what you want but if events of the night take off before morning you wont have them yet.

Velmont

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Doh, I had meant to answer. Its too late tonight but you can grab some stuff on the way to the meeting (light armor, simple or martial weapons) in the morning. So pick what you want but if events of the night take off before morning you wont have them yet.

OOC: A Chain Shirt and a Rapier seems to fit in that... does an heavy wooden spike shield fit in that or it is too exotic to be found easily?

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Sorry about that, it got a bit lost with Verbatim missing and the rough time we've had around the home with our new business. I'm eager to get it back up and running so hopefully I can grab your attention again.

OOC: awesome. I'm eager too. And I'm patient. I'm not going anywhere. Verbatim, God bless him, is an awesome player, but I'm sure he wouldn't be offended if I say that he disapears on a regular basis. We've got to keep this game going w/o him. We've got 5 characters. Presumably the adventure was designed for 4, so we should be fine w/o him. Julian will take a healing spell at 2nd level. For now, Julian waits for morning.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Manzanita said:
OOC: awesome. I'm eager too. And I'm patient. I'm not going anywhere. Verbatim, God bless him, is an awesome player, but I'm sure he wouldn't be offended if I say that he disapears on a regular basis. We've got to keep this game going w/o him. We've got 5 characters. Presumably the adventure was designed for 4, so we should be fine w/o him. Julian will take a healing spell at 2nd level. For now, Julian waits for morning.

I agree with Manz on all the line. Jerrell will have returned to his ship for the night. He will buy a light wooden shield instead for the spiked shield.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: yup I'll NPC him through and see if we can make it past the first couple encounters (clerics are almost a necessity) then find a convenient place to let him loose. It was indeed designed for 4 though the playtest group was 5 or 6.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah--I'm not sure what the first encounter actually is, but when There is no Honour had just come out, I remember someone commenting in a thread that the first encounter TPKed his group of six, and then lots of people chimed in about how many characters had died (always one or greater!) :uhoh: )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads