• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eric's Annual Trip down Memory Lane

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
I found the site through a google search, looking for 3.0's release date. I lurked on the boards, posted a bit, then wandered into the chatroom. Because of that one search and this site, I found my best friend and partner, moved 2500km to live with her, away from all of my family and friends... and it's the best thing that ever happened to me.

EN Worlders have been some of the best, nicest people I've known, and I'm looking forward to meeting as many as I can 6 days from now.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Back in good ol' 1999 I was bored in an IT lesson and started looking for interesting D&D websites. Lo and behold, in all it's black and red glory, I found ENWorld. The revelations in the news were astounding and since then I've never looked back. To think that I've now completed two degrees and am starting a third, it makes me feel old, but all nostalgic. Good to see everyone from the boards again. Rock on!

EricNoah

Adventurer
For the record...

The only reason I even posted the 4e "scoop" in this thread at all was the irony. Here it was, the day I had started an "Eric gets all nostalgic" thread, and that evening a bunch of 4E rumors fall into my lap. It just seemed like old times for a second there. :)

Great to hear from so many of the old crew here -- thanks for your kind words!

Erratic K

First Post
I discovered Eric Noah's site before 3E came out, when it was the rumor site. It took years before I posted.

But the day Eric posted the beta test info for WOTC, I got my group RPGA memberships (a requirement for this particular playtest) and playtested the Forgotten Realms Handbook (and the 3E rules, we couldn't get all the books when we got the playtest manuscript rules from WOTC). Due to that, our names are all in the back of one of the most beautiful books I've purchased.

Thanks Eric!!

WSmith

First Post
Thanks to Eric, I was inspired to learn HTML and make my own 3e site, (Hall of Adventures if anyone remembers, but probably not cause other than Piratecat's story hour it pretty much sucked.) No lie, I was getting ready to sell off my entire D&D collection and give up RPGs forever cause I was soooo not liking what 2nd edition had become. Then I found Eric's site (from rec.games.frp.dnd) . I got refreshed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads