Ernest Gary Gygax (July 27, 1938 – March 4, 2008)

Thank you Gary. For everything. For the game, the friends, for your children, including Ernest. Without you there would be no D&D game as we know it, no Hobby Shop Dungeon as I've come to know it, no role-playing game hobby as we've come to love it. You were a good guy, a gamer, a great creative person, and you are sorely missed. Hail.

Thank you Gary. For everything. For the game, the friends, for your children, including Ernest. Without you there would be no D&D game as we know it, no Hobby Shop Dungeon as I've come to know it, no role-playing game hobby as we've come to love it.

You were a good guy, a gamer, a great creative person, and you are sorely missed.

Hail.

LostSoul

Adventurer
But credit is given when credit is due. It was Gygax's business sense and most important the "drive" that made an concept into a reality. Without D&D and role playing the Video Gaming industry would not have evolved as it is now. That is his legacy.

I think Gary is still an underrated game designer. The fact that the video game industry has largely followed his lead (reminds me of good old Wizardry: The Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord) is, I think, testament to his ability.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads