• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Errata (listing issues with PDF)

ruemere

Adventurer
This is a list of issues spotted during cursory browsing of PDF copy.
Updated 2009-08-14 23:17 GMT+1
Updated 2009-08-15 11:28 GMT+1
Updated 2009-08-15 20:05 GMT+1
Updated 2009-08-18 01:39 GMT+1

1. Other threads devoted to this subject:
    (at Paizo) Core PDF Problems

(at Paizo) List of Errata in Pathfinder Core Rulebook
  2. (ruemere) Missing bookmarks for:

x.1 Chapter 10 spells.
    x.2 Appendices 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    x.2.1 Special abilities
    x.2.2 Conditions.
    x.2.3 Inspiring Reading
    x.2.4 Game Aids
    x.3 Character sheet.
    x.4 Pathfinder RPG Index.
  3. (miscreationist) It seems to me that all of the bookmarks in the class section are messed up.
  4. (Kylian) Page 548 (on major artifacts) is not where it's supposed to be in the PDF... it appears after page 552 for some reason.
  5. (Anguish) Where's the Alertness feat? It's in the table, and wizard familiars still grant it as usual, but it's not in the alphabetic listing of feats where it should be. I haven't searched yet as I was in a hurry.
  6. (Hackmaster) And some of the bookmarks are all caps while others are lowercase. The last few sections of the book are arranged non-sequentially.
  7. (Micco) It appears that there is a typo in the description of DC modifiers to pinpoint an invisible creature on Page 563 on the "Not Moving" entry in the table. The DC modifier to pinpoint an invisible creature that is charging is -20 (which is correct), but the modifier to pinpoint an invisible creature that is not moving is listed as -40. That would make it an effective DC 0 check to pinpoint such a person.

I believe that should be a modifier of +0, but frankly am not confident of that due to how it compares to the Using Stealth entry, which is listed as a "Stealth Check + 20" modifier. By comparison the "Not Moving" entry might should have been +40, since it would seem that standing dead still should not be that much of a disadvantage to someone moving stealthily.
  8. (Papa-DRB) One suggestion: Create a Chapter Bookmark as the "high" level, so I don't have pages of bookmarks that are all individual topics.

One strangeness. The last high level bookmark is labelled "456.pdf" and contains bookmarks to the magic item chapter (again!).
  9. (Rabulias) In the Skill descriptions, the hyperlink for the relevant stat needs some formatting fixing. The underline runs through the center of the text, so it appears to be crossed out. For example, on page 102, the Perception skill shows:
    Perception (Wis)

As for the Alertness feat, it's right where it's supposed to be on page 117. It's easy to miss due to the way the feat breaks over the two columns. Ain't that ironic? The Alertness feat is easy to overlook...

Regards,
Ruemere

Last edited:

Kylian

First Post
Page 548 (on major artifacts) is not where it's supposed to be in the PDF... it appears after page 552 for some reason.

Anguish

First Post
Where's the Alertness feat? It's in the table, and wizard familiars still grant it as usual, but it's not in the alphabetic listing of feats where it should be. I haven't searched yet as I was in a hurry.

ruemere

Adventurer
Keep adding stuff, folks. The more the easier the editor's job to correct them :)

And thanks for spotting the problems.

Regards,
Ruemere

Micco

First Post
It appears that there is a typo in the description of DC modifiers to pinpoint an invisible creature on Page 563 on the "Not Moving" entry in the table. The DC modifier to pinpoint an invisible creature that is charging is -20 (which is correct), but the modifier to pinpoint an invisible creature that is not moving is listed as -40. That would make it an effective DC 0 check to pinpoint such a person.

I believe that should be a modifier of +0, but frankly am not confident of that due to how it compares to the Using Stealth entry, which is listed as a "Stealth Check + 20" modifier. By comparison the "Not Moving" entry might should have been +40, since it would seem that standing dead still should not be that much of a disadvantage to someone moving stealthily.

Papa-DRB

First Post
One suggestion: Create a Chapter Bookmark as the "high" level, so I don't have pages of bookmarks that are all individual topics.

One strangeness. The last high level bookmark is labelled "456.pdf" and contains bookmarks to the magic item chapter (again!).

-- david
Papa.DRB

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
In the Skill descriptions, the hyperlink for the relevant stat needs some formatting fixing. The underline runs through the center of the text, so it appears to be crossed out. For example, on page 102, the Perception skill shows:
Perception (Wis)

As for the Alertness feat, it's right where it's supposed to be on page 117. It's easy to miss due to the way the feat breaks over the two columns. Ain't that ironic? The Alertness feat is easy to overlook...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads