• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Errata update at WOTC

Pure Puppet

First Post
Good day, all! Well, technically, since it's nine pm, I should be saying good evening or maybe good night, but good night sounds like something you say when a conversation is over, and then I'd be going all Bizzaro Superman on you and I'm babbling. While wriiting, no less!

Anyway. I was over at WOTC when I noticed that the Eberron Campaign Setting errata had been updated. So I downloaded it to see what had been changed.

It was the Weretouched Master PRC.

Yes! That's right! We no longer have to face the possibility of a PC with a +16 strength bonus! Isn't that just ducky?

I am clearly suffering from severe lack of sleep. I'll just put up the relevent information and toddle off to bed.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread if I've done something stupid. I probably have, quite frankly. I'm fairly stupid.

Page 86: Weretouched Master
Replace alternate form class feature with following text:
Alternate Form (Su): At 5th level, a weretouched
master can, as a swift action, assume the animal form
related to his lycanthrope heritage (the same animal
selected at 1st level). By spending two daily uses of his
shifting ability, the weretouched can transform into
animal form as if using the polymorph spell on himself,
except that the duration is a number of rounds equal to
the duration of the weretouched master’s shifting. The
weretouched master doesn’t gain any of the normal
benefits granted by shifting while this ability is active,
and the weretouched master can’t use this ability at the
same time that he is shifting. Only the specific animal
form indicated for the lycanthrope heritage (see below)
can be assumed. A slain weretouched master reverts to
his normal humanoid form, although he remains dead.
Separated body parts retain their animal form, however.
Heritage Animal Form
Bear Bear, brown (CR 4)
Boar Boar, dire (CR 4)
Rat Rat, dire (CR 1/3)
Tiger Tiger (CR 4)
Wolf Wolf, dire (CR 3)
Wolverine Wolverine, dire (CR 4)
Add Weretouched III class feature at 5th level:
Weretouched III (Ex): At 5th level, a weretouched
master gains an additional bonus to one or more ability
scores while shifting. These bonuses stack with all other
ability score bonuses granted during shifting (such as
from weretouched I).
Heritage Ability Bonus(es)
Bear +4 Str
Boar +6 Con
Rat +6 Dex
Tiger +2 Str, +4 Con
Wolf +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con
Wolverine +2 Dex, +4 Con

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
They also added errata that artificers don't require divine focuses for infusions, and that they flip-flopped the terms "aspirants" and "initiates" for the Gatekeepers.

Obscure

First Post
Pure Puppet said:
I was over at WOTC when I noticed that the Eberron Campaign Setting errata had been updated. So I downloaded it to see what had been changed.

It was the Weretouched Master PRC.

What is this now, the third revision of this PrC? And not just minor fixes, but complete flip-flops on things like duration of Alternate Form, etc. Hilarious.

Seems like they might have actually fixed it this time....the alternate forms are more balanced against each other (except for rat, which will always be weaker). I like how they included the CRs of each animal, as if to point out: "See? They're balanced now! Now stop complaining and leave us alone!"

I notice that it's now the once-mighty bear form that gets the shaft in terms of ability bonus -- two less than all the others. I guess this is balanced by its Improved Grab ability. I, personally, would also specify that the tiger form only gains Pounce while using its natural weapons, not wielded weapons, otherwise it dominates the other forms.

The thing that bothers me the most about this Weretouched Master v.4 is that they left out the part about the character's gear not changing form with him. This makes the class less lycanthropic and more druidic/magical. I think changing form should be a carnal, biological process with clothes ripping and armor bursting (for Large forms).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads