• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E error in the the Pathfinder Zeitgeist player's guide?

On page 32 of the Pathfinder Player's Guide under the title 'Flint City Governor Roland Stanfield' it says "...Stanfield witnessed the fall of the eladrin goddess Srasama five hundred years ago..."

I'm assuming this is a mistake as there is no other mention of eladrin in the entire guide..right?

Shisumo

First Post
There's actually a couple of those - 4E copypasta, without a doubt. I noticed, for instance, that certain high elves like to wear gold jewelry because it interferes with their ability to use fey step. (And here I just thought they had a graceful stride...)

Last edited:

Ugh. I don't know how that got in there. I thought I went through all the documents with the list of 'no-no' words to search for and make sure got edited properly.

Eladrin
Dragonborn
Deva

And some words need to be watched closely to make sure we're not using them in a context that doesn't apply to PF.

power
primal
fey
shadow
elemental
immortal
rest

benfromidaho

First Post
[MENTION=63]RangerWickett[/MENTION] It's all good, that's why we live in such a digital age, right? Nothing is static, everything is changing, the document is not permanent when it is printed, it is merely a snapshot of a the document at a point in time. We change and we go forward. All good things will come in time. I foresee Zeitgeist being quite popular for quite a long while.

Rugult

On Call GM
*twitch*

I know we should have caught those! I went through with finding all the listed terms above... and I KNOW that [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] noticed that sneaky gold teleporty bit.

*grumble*

rituals

Perhaps just a minor thing but don't forget the term 'rituals' as Pathfinder doesn't have a separate class of non-combat abilities called rituals as 4e does. See "Prestige" on page 14 of the Pathfinder player's guide under "Help in a Hurray". "Level 2" help mentions getting a spellcaster to perform several rituals for the PCs.

Ugh. I don't know how that got in there. I thought I went through all the documents with the list of 'no-no' words to search for and make sure got edited properly.

Eladrin
Dragonborn
Deva

And some words need to be watched closely to make sure we're not using them in a context that doesn't apply to PF.

power
primal
fey
shadow
elemental
immortal
rest

Eladrin
Dragonborn
Deva

power
primal
fey
shadow
elemental
immortal
rest
I note the eladrin thing has been corrected in the zeitgeist adventure 1 handout.

The players guide description of Ber mentions Dragonborn. It also mentions goliaths and shifters, and I guess it probably shouldn't.

The adventure mentions that someone appears to be a wood elf; as far as I can tell that is the only mention of wood elves in any of the 3 PDFs. It would be great if there was a bit more information about them.

Where do they live? Are pretty much all of their females dead as well, or was that just a high elf thing? If it was just a high elf thing, could high elves restore their race by breeding with wood elves? If so, have they decided against it? Do other races treat them differently to high elves (it appears so from the context), and if so why?

EDIT The link from benfromidaho answered most of the questions. However, there appears to be no reason (in Pathfinder) why High Elves couldn't just breed with Wood Elves in order to restore their race. Unless there's an official answer, I'm just going to assume they find the idea demeaning and distasteful.

Last edited:

I was thinking the High Elves are somehow magically unable to have children with other races (except of course if a player wants to be a mixed-race PC).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads