D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

TallIan

Explorer
FInnan,

That's some powerful dark magic if even my gifted eyes can't see thought Finnan. He kept his thoughts to himself for now. He glanced back at the spider that had fallen off the bridge then forward to the two fleeing escapees before whispering to the others, "What are they doing? Let's be quick and grab some supplies, then we can be off."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15 (Studded leather (12) + DEX (3)
HP: 16/21 HD: 3/3

Offence:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
2/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)[/SBLOCK]

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak breathed a sigh of relief as he touched down upon more solid footing once again. "See any more guards?" he asked anyone with better vision then himself as he kept a wary eye out for returning arachnids.

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Just making sure you know Finnan has Eldritch sight (i.e. detect magic at will), and not Devil's sight (can see in the dark).

Also going to not be going round by round as that would take forever. Let me know if I get to far ahead of what you wish to do.[/sblock]

Atallia went back into the guard room, there she found the kuo-toa Sharshuu kneeling over the body of one of the drow. <Perception check DC 16 plz> She didn't waste to much time as she could hear the spider dashing up the side of the stalactite, although she couldn't see it in the dim light of the lantern.

The group ahead ends up half way across the walkway and is standing near the bridge leading to the shrine. Sarith is arguing with the others as the party approaches.

NPC_Sarith.jpg "... we should chop off the head of the serpent. Then the others will be leaderless and fall."

NPC_Derendil.jpg "No, we follow the plan and prepare to leave."

NPC_Eldeth.jpg "Hate to ever agree with the dark elf, but I say that all of us together could do it."

OOC: Everyone make persuasion roll this is a group skill check to keep everyone together.
DC 12 - Need three success
Finnan will gain advantage on the roll from Ront helping.

"The problem with going into the priestess' rooms first is we have no way of knowing whether someone in there can raise an alarm. We will end up fighting the guard spider and that will alert whoever is down below." Thia says. "However, taking on the strongest opposition first might be prudent. The priestess' rooms are also slightly isolated so I can see the benefit of starting there. And we are more likely to find our missing equipment in her rooms."

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan,

OOC: Sorry, always get those two mixed up. In that case he'll use his light cantrip as necessary, since we have a lantern out.

Also any chance Kildrack healed Finnan, I had him ask but don't recall a response.

We might be able to, but at what cost? We're under equipped and if it goes badly, we're stuck with no supplies and possibly wounded." Finnan tries to counter. "I'd like to make a telling blow, but I'd like to stay alive even more."

Persuation: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [19, 10]+3 = 22

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15 (Studded leather (12) + DEX (3)
HP: 16/21 HD: 3/3

Offence:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
2/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)[/SBLOCK]

hero4hire

Explorer
Ooc: sorry I missed the initial question. Kildrak probably would have appraised the 5 damage as "Just a flesh wound. I'mma thinkin' me healing will be best fer keepin us alive."

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Successful, congrats. The party and NPCs will all stick together, from here on out.
Atallia noticed the spider coming as she dashed back across the bridge.

With the spider coming up behind you and knowing there are at least two quaggoth's at the lift ahead, heading into the shrine is looking like a better and better ideal.

OOC: If were headed that way. I'll need a marching order plz

Last edited:

Remove ads