• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Map the same except for Kildrak at J8
Let's go Round 2: INIT Order
Thia
Finnan
Guard I-7, vow of enmity -​ Kildrak
NPCs
Attallia
Kildrak
Guard F5

Last edited:

Thia watches Finnan get hit with an hour. No one hears her say, "oh :):):):)" as she turns to see the guard on the rope bridge. It's all going sideways. Just like the mission where she lost so many friends. Suddenly Kildrak is running past her. She drops the silence spell. "Someone grab this crossbow." She then casts silence again as she rushes toward the fight. "I'll take that bet, JimJar."

OOC: Silence at FG89 covers C7-10 D6-11 E-H5-12 I6-11 J7-10. Gotta keep that other guard quiet.
Thia runs to L8

Oh, and while she did not hear JimJar make the bet, she saw his mouth moving so he must have been betting against her.

[sblock="map"] OOTA r2.png[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Correct the blast gave out a quick flicker of light. So there is a chance that a second so soon after the first may draw some unwanted attention. Everything is a risk. I saw that a deafened creature is unaffected, bad spell combos there lol. I was going to let you know for future reference, that you can use your telepathy to talk to people inside the silence area, they don't use their ears to hear your thoughts, or you theirs.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
Correct the blast gave out a quick flicker of light. So there is a chance that a second so soon after the first may draw some unwanted attention. Everything is a risk. I saw that a deafened creature is unaffected, bad spell combos there lol. I was going to let you know for future reference, that you can use your telepathy to talk to people inside the silence area, they don't use their ears to hear your thoughts, or you theirs.

I thought so.

Does that mean i can use awakened mind to cast the spell? Or have i misread your post.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan,

The drow bolt hit Finnan and a wave of nausia washed over him, only Finnan's determination to escape kept his meager stomach contents where they should be.

Finnan looked at the unfold skirmish, so far not bad, but it could easily go completely wrong. He felt frustrated, the flash from his eldritch powers must have caught some attention, another so soon would surely bring curious eyes, and that left him with little to do.

A whspering in the back of his mind reminded him of something important he could not leave behind. He moved back towards the cell door dashing past other prisoners to get to his secret hidey hole. On the way over he tried one last attempt to rally those prisoners that seemed less reluctant to escape, "Come on, we're out the door and all committed. If you think the drow will spare you any punishment because you stayed in the cell you're a fool." he called as loudly as he dared.

OOC: Sorry not much of an action, in the end, but I also realised I can't really target anyone anyway since the only two drow that we know of are in the guard room.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 13
HP: 16/21 HD: 3/3

Offense:Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Unarmed: +5 5ft 1B

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
2/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)
[/SBLOCK]

EarlyBird

Explorer
The slave pen becomes a flurry of activity...

Buppido watches as Finnan reveals the secert compartment and removes his tome from inside.Buppido.jpg "A might big book for one so small," the derro quips in Undercommon. "You have a spell to transport all of us out of here?"

Ront.jpg Ront searches the dead body of the drow guard, and removes his shortsword from its scabbard before following Finnan back into the slave pen and taking up a position like that of a guard.

Stool.jpg Stool also follows the halfling into the cell, but more like a lost puppy than a guard.

Derendil.jpg Derendil walks over to Atallia and holds out his shackled arms before then moving out of the cell towards Thia. In an archaic form of elven he says, "You are daring, bold, and resourceful. Once I am freed from my captivity I would be honored if you would consider commanding my royal guard."

<Atallia can lose her reaction for the turn to unlock Derendil's manacles, if she wishes.>

JimJar.jpg JimJar watches all that is happening and then moves slowly over to Atallia. He holds out his hands and puts on the biggest grin the girl has ever seen.

Eldeth.jpg Eldeth acts like the only sensible one on the whole group of ragged prisoners as she moves quietly to the corner where she can keep an eye on the stairs leading to the quaggoth lair. She reaches out and acquires the hand crossbow and quarrels of the downed guard, just in case.

Sarith.jpg Sarith moves quietly also, but he is more or less finding a better spot top watch the escape than to be of any help.

Turvy.jpg "Ready to leave now Topsy?"

Topsy.jpg "Just waiting for you Turvy. Lets go!"

The twin deep gnomes run out of the slave pen and cling to the wall just outside the gate. The watch the far bridge as the think of how to finally leave the drow outpost.

And lastly Shuushar moves, getting up from his seated postion, he moves (wobbles really) to where Finnan and a group of prisoners are gathered.

Shuushar.jpg *gluop* "I can be part of no volience in this," he gruggles. "But I will help afterwards as guide if you wish."

The drow guard looks to Kildrak a smirk on his face. He goes to intone some sort of magical incantation and the smirk becomes a look of horror. He tries to cry out, but no sound escapes his throat. It was Kildrak's turn to smirk.

OOC:
INIT: to finish round
Attallia
Kildrak
Guard F5

[sblock=Map]
break out _3.jpg[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak was uttering oaths and curses that went unheard in the area of absolute silence. He envisioned the beatings he took at the hands of the Dark Elf before him. The look of smug superiority and sadistic glee as he tortured Kildrak. The dwarf felt all of that anger build like a pressure cooker..building...building...until it exploded onto that face! Kilrak took the chains between the manacles and with a leap, hooked it under the drow's chin, and with a quick motion, snapped his neck like a carrot. Kildrak felt but did not hear the satisfying CRACK. He let the body slump to the ground and slowly lurched to the next guard, pointing and mouthing <You!>

OOC: Standard: Use Manacles and chains for an Improvised weapon on Drow of Enmity. Use Divine Smite. CRIT! for 26 points of Damage!
Move: to G6

Improvised weapon w/ advantage, smite: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14
1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6
smite and crit damage: 1D4+4D8 = [3]+[6, 6, 2, 3] = 20

Remove ads